Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport - Every Option + 3.0 (R80) Battery & 3 Year Warranty (9,950 Miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine who owns this car, as he requested my help in posting & facilitating the potential sale of the vehicle. He prefers not to post the car directly, so I was happy to help find this remarkable car a new home.

We're still waiting on the window sticker, but based on similar cars I've seen, this sticker is $158,045 + $32,000 (R80 Upgrade) + $2,900 (Xenon Headlamp Retrofit). It has almost every single option possible. This is the finest Roadster I've ever been lucky enough to drive a few times (and I have driven 14 separate Roadsters on separate occasions).

The owner owns several Teslas and bought this completed Roadster from Tesla directly to enjoy & compare to his 2008 Roadster. He's put roughly 2,500 miles on the car. It was apparently never titled, as it remained an inventory car and a test car for the 3.0 battery in San Francisco. The battery's serial number is 008.

View attachment 254492
- One-Owner. Clean Title. No Accidents.
- VIN 1266
- 9,950 Miles (R80 Battery evidently installed around 7,000 Miles)
- 2011 2.5 Sport
- Fusion Red Paint (freshly 4-stage paint-corrected)
- Exterior Clear Coat Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Executive Beige Interior + Clear Coat Carbon Fiber Accent Group
- Black Forged 2.5 Wheels
- Infotainment Group (Double-DIN...7-Speaker Audio + Bluetooth, Subwoofer, HomeLink, etc.)
- Paint Armor
- 120V Spare Mobile Connector (new in box...Tesla replaced this before his purchase)
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires ($380 Installed) on rear (excellent tread)
- Battery CAC is around 193.
- Charges to 208 Miles in Standard Mode (77%). He has not Range Charged it.
++++ 3.0 (R80) Battery Upgrade ($32,000 Installed). Offers 340+ miles of range.
++++ The R80 Upgrade has a 3 YEAR / 36,000 MILE WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS AND LABOR ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPGRADE. THIS COVERS THE ENTIRE BATTERY AND PEM, ACCORDING TO THE SERVICE CENTER.
++++ Xenon Headlamp Retrofit ($2,900 Installed). Installed on October 7th.
++++ Pioneer SPH-DA120 with Apple CarPlay Headunit + Pioneer Backup Camera ($1,000 Installed). Much better than the original Alpine unit. The new Pioneer camera was retrofitted into the existing housing.
++++ Annual Service Completed July 27, 2017. Clean PEM & bill of health.

He requested that I simply ask for offers on the car. It's such a rare vehicle with the options that it has, that we just weren't sure what to price it at. The last fully-optioned 2.5 Sport with an R80 and Xenon Retrofit went for $119,888 (VIN 1232), so that's about the only similar one I have information on.

This just might be the cleanest and most complete version of the Roadster on the market. If you're looking for the finest example without having to change or upgrade a single thing, plus the convenience of a 36,000 mile warranty, this is one hell of a car.

Feel free to ask any questions or private message me directly. When he's back in town later today, he offered to let me take some more photos of the car.

EDIT: Found the window sticker on an early review of the car, which can be viewed HERE.

View attachment 254493
Up-close shot of the Xenons after install.

View attachment 254494
A photo right after the six-hour paint correction.

View attachment 254495
A photo from the service center right after the Xenon Retrofit was installed.

View attachment 254496
A photo next to a Model X.

View attachment 254497
Interior shot

View attachment 254498
Interior shot #2.

Hi, I’m researching the R80 pack but have had limited success with Local SC. Can you point me to the warranty document that you outlined for 3yrs battery/PEM coverage and what’s the expected CAC reading new? Thanks

Hi, I’m researching the R80 pack but have had limited success with Local SC. Can you point me to the warranty document that you outlined for 3yrs battery/PEM coverage and what’s the expected CAC reading new? Thanks

Hi! Turns out, at the time some SCs were stating that both the ESS (battery) and PEM were covered under this warranty, so myself and the prior owner of this car may have been misinformed. While I am certain it covers the ESS in full, I’m very uncertain it covers the PEM.

The original CAC is rated at 216 for the R80 pack, but due to the cells, most cars today are leveling out around 190-195.

Hi! Turns out, at the time some SCs were stating that both the ESS (battery) and PEM were covered under this warranty, so myself and the prior owner of this car may have been misinformed. While I am certain it covers the ESS in full, I’m very uncertain it covers the PEM.

The original CAC is rated at 216 for the R80 pack, but due to the cells, most cars today are leveling out around 190-195.

Thanks for responding. So, at minimal the battery would be cover for 3yrs/36k miles? I’m having a hard time getting a straight answer from Tesla for new install (out of stock) or remaining Warranty on installed.

Btw, congrats on VP24! You have two gems!