Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S 85 kWh - only 27k miles (salvage/rebuilt title)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up for sale to the Tesla Motors Club community is my 2012 Model S 85 kWh with 27k miles - VIN - 5YJSA1CN6CFP03224. This is a non-smoking vehicle that has been kept in clean and pristine condition inside and out since I have owned it. The vehicle is located in Massachusetts and is available for pick-up ASAP.

Vehicle Description:

- Black exterior.
- 21" grey turbine wheel & tire package.
- Red brake calipers set.
- Grey Nappa leather with obeche wood matte decor.
- All glass panoramic roof.
- Powered rear tailgate.
- Sound studio package.
- Active air suspension.
- Supercharger enabled.
- Lighted door handles.
- Parcel shelf.
- 2 (two) mobile connector bundle kits.

This vehicle has a salvage title, but was rebuilt and certified at the Tesla factory in Fremont, CA (email confirmation to prove this). This car was fully rebuilt by Tesla to mimic a vehicle that would roll right off the assembly line. The car was deemed 'salvage' by the insurance company due to damage on the center post on the driver's side of the vehicle (only 6,500 miles on the vehicle at the time of the accident). Tesla has replaced all components, including the frame, that were damaged or not repaired to their standards.

The vehicle receives updates as intended and is able to use all super charger locations. All service and regular, required maintenance has been completed at the Tesla Service Center in Dedham, MA since I took delivery of the rebuilt vehicle from Tesla in December of 2015. Tesla offered to buy the vehicle from me late last year as part of a trade-in for a Model X, but I decided to not move forward with the transaction since I no longer travel any considerable distance on a daily basis to justify the monthly cost of the vehicle.

I am asking $45,000 or best offer for the vehicle as-is. Please review the photos and information provided for additional details on the condition and status of the vehicle. If you should have any questions or concerns, please send me a private message or respond to this thread. Thanks for checking out my post.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0255.JPG
    IMG_0255.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 150
Since Tesla did all of this work themselves to bring this car back, did they re-instate any part of the warranty? I understand the 4 year bumper to bumper would be expired, but what about the battery and motor warranty? Also, what is the current range?

You can get a CPO 2013 S85 with 21'' Wheels starting at 53k (with a clean title)
85 kWh Model S 5YJSA1DNXDFP12282 | Tesla

This CPO would also come with a 4 year, 50k warranty - that is worth $4200. So, the $53k is actually $48,800 if the seller's car has no warranty (for comparison purposes).

Personally, I would list this car on ebay for $1 and no reserve. People on ebay LOVE to overpay for no-reserve auctions. And I always tell people - there's no better place to find the real value of something than on ebay - it'll be seen by more people than any other advertising media available. I'm willing to bet you won't get a better price. But, I would post pics of the letters/emails or any other proof you have of your claims that Tesla is who rebuilt this car. As well as proof that it can still receive updates.

With that said, this being an older VIN, don't get your feelings hurt if you wind up selling it for $35k or even less. And if you hold it too long and the M3 comes out, it will be much less than that. Who will pay $35k for 5 year old technology in a rebuilt titled car when they can get a brand new car with many of the same features for maybe $10k more?

JMHO

Reactions: Jay Hawk