Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 MS P85 seems much slower than loaner 2014 MS P85 :O

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I have a 2012 MS P85 with 21" turbines, air suspension, pano roof, 105K miles, version A battery pack, newer drive unit (late 2017), 3rd row seating, and dual chargers.

I took it in for service and received a 2014 MS P85 with 19" wheels, no air suspension, single charger, 50K miles, no pano roof, no 3rd row seating, and autopilot.

The 2014 P85 feels MUCH peppier and faster than my 2012, and it really is a bummer. The 2014 will actually make your stomach hurt every time you floor it. My 2012, not as much. I am pretty bummed that my P85 is 'slower' than the loaner 2014 I received.

Any thought on as to why this may be?

Best,

I think my 2012 isn't as quick off the line as it used to be.
Seems like the instant torque has been dropped a little off the line, If I do a stomp from 0 it feels like a gradual acceleration even with perfect traction vs instant jump like there used to be. Still hits 330 kW at 42-52 mph but it used to be at 340 kW for this. battery age maybe, but I kind of think there was a software change at some point too . From 5 or 10 mph it seems to have a bit more kick but I can not do a 4s 0-60 even with light wheels and RE71's. seems to be between 4.2 and 4.5. or >5 if it is not warm (just looking at power tools, used to have Data logger hooked up that I have a bunch of old #'s from. new #'s are a bit weaker