Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85kWh Pearl White less than 5K miles - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Model S 85kWh Pearl White less than 5K miles

Model S
All Glass Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Pearl White Paint
Tan Napa Leather Interior
Piano Black Decor
85 kWh Battery
Sound Studio Package
Active Air Suspension
Rear Facing Seats
High Power Wall Connector
Supercharger Hardware
Tech Package is not included

Less than 5,000 miles
Purchased March 25, 2013.

Car has no accidents. Shipping will be considered but will need to be covered by the buyer. If you are a serious buyer feel free to contact me for any more information or to schedule a visit.

List Date: 12/23/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Model S 85kWh Pearl White less than 5K miles
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

hcmnR0e0dV02.JPG
zp8xdEDtKkm12.JPG
W45qQFUKntxf2.JPG
nx6YxGthseDV2.JPG
XEQPfpab0kEG2.JPG
1zcXbueWp5Yz2.JPG
hgQYnf0aM3gb2.JPG
s2KC4J2SKZGf2.JPG
8gPMaSr3XTwb2.JPG
R7J8GfuAyvFe.JPG

Unless I'm missing something, this seems overpriced?

I may very well be incorrect here, but on the Tesla site this car would spec out at $88,220. Add the $7500 tax credit and it comes to $95,720 if someone were to purchase it brand new.

Heck, add the tech package (which this car does not have) and it's still less than what this seller is asking.

Plus, there have been some worthwhile changes/upgrades/fixes that would make purchasing a brand new model even wiser.

Last edited:
Why on earth would someone pay $15,000 more for a used one instead of buying new? I don't get it. Also, you say it has active air, but no tech package? Was that even possible? I always thought active air required tech. You could get a brand new P85 for less money than you are selling this for.

Ordered my wife's replacement car (accident damage) which is similar to the OP's and was $89,970 full invoice (and then you can reduce it by the $7500 Fed Tax Credit). I looked at this post for an instant as an option to waiting for my wife's car to be delivered then saw the price :)

Hello everyone, you'll have to forgive me since I am new to the tesla community. The good news is that many appeared to chime in on the overpriced number and the price has been adjusted and as most things in life are negotiable. I also see passion4audio's point on the number of posts requirement, internet offers are always easily subject to scams and ripoffs. But I can assure you that this is a valid posting and all offers will be responded to. Excellent forum you guys have here and you guys are definitely passionate about your teslas, cheers.

I see you adjusted to $92k. Mimicking your specs for a new car I get it to $90,070 ($7500 tax credit applied) which includes the tech package that you don't mention having. Not sure what the upside is of buying your used car versus ordering a new one?

I've noticed in the past a few sellers thinking that they were justified in their elevated price request because they were not eligible for the federal rebate. Also, some seem to think there is enough demand to justify the elevated price. Others are just plain misinformed and need some guidance in proper list price.

Arturo I'm sad to say you will not sell this car at the current asking price despite have adjusted it from your original price. You will have to decide whether it is worth it to decrease price to the appropriate level or keep the car.

Also, so you know a person buying a used car is not eligible for the federal rebate of $7500 only the first person titling the car gets the rebate. One other thing make sure the listing is accurate. Does it have Tech Package, Paint protection, Tinting, XPel Etc..? Just trying to help.

To add to what others have said, if this were a Tesla loaner they were selling, they'd sell it for new price (which is what it cost new back in March 2013, not what it costs to buy it new now which is probably about $4000 less than today's prices) minus $1/mile minus $1000 per month. That comes out to something like $90,000 -$4,000 - $5000 - $10,000 = $71,000. I think you might be able to get up to $75k for it if you're lucky just because it does cost more today to buy it new than it did back then. I wouldn't expect to see more than that and I don't think anyone will even take your offer seriously to try to negotiate down as this price. I may be wrong.