Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 $40k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This car is covered by the new vehicle warranty until 56K miles. Currently at 54,400 miles. As someone pointed out above, Tesla's warranty policy has recently changed and if you bought the car and wanted to purchase the extended warranty, you could do that directly.

I'm not so sure the price is THAT low. I think the seller is smart enough to know that in 3 months when the M3 starts production, these older MS's will be a tough sell. Think about it. Who is really going to pay $40 or $50k for a 4 to 5 year old MS when they can get a nicely equipped M3 for around the same price or a little more? I mean, the M3 may not be quite as nice as the S, but it WILL have AP. Granted, it may take a little while to see the full effect since the M3 has such a large back order, but you can bet that the older S's are going to take a huge hit over the next 12 months. Look for a 2013 MS to be around $26-32k this time next year. Bank on it.
How many people cross shop a used 7 series with a new 3 series, or a used S Class with a new C class? I suspect very few.

Just to clarify for everyone:

tesla_modelS_description2.jpg

The spoiler was never attached, and I may sell that separately.
In addition, I have snow chains, floor mat for rear child seats, sun shade for rear glass, parcel shelf, which is included.

I appreciate the out of state offers, but I would also take lower local offers for the convenience. This car is going to Tesla for 41k on Saturday unless someone would like the great deal instead.

This makes very little sense. What difference to you does it make if the buyer is down the street from you or halfway across the country? As long as someone shows up on the agreed date with cash in hand, what does it matter?

Reactions: croman
There's a lot of uncertainty to selling to someone far away. Shipping needs to be arranged, or the person will need to travel. Need to figure out how to transfer goods and money at the same time etc. The potential buyer can back out at any time during this process until money and title change hands and all of these take time, while trade-in offers are good for only 2 weeks generally. So it's something certain and quick vs. something less certain.

There's a lot of uncertainty to selling to someone far away. Shipping needs to be arranged, or the person will need to travel. Need to figure out how to transfer goods and money at the same time etc. The potential buyer can back out at any time during this process until money and title change hands and all of these take time, while trade-in offers are good for only 2 weeks generally. So it's something certain and quick vs. something less certain.

I have purchased many vehicles in my day. Agree upon meet up date (again doesnt matter where the person is coming from, you still have to set up a date to meet)
Buyer shows up, looks at car, both seller and buyer go to the bank, buyer takes out money and hands it to seller, seller signs over title and hands over keys. How is this complicated for the seller?

Everything you mentioned in your scenarios (potential buyer backing out, money and title need to change hands, etc) these all have to happen whether you are buying your neighbor's car or someone in a different state.

Reactions: EVJunkie