Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister just bought a used 2013 Model S (60 KWh battery). She can't seem to find a way to retract the side mirrors before pulling into her (narrow) garage without doing it manually. I think the newer models can do it automatically / electronically. Was that not the case for the 2013 cars or is she just not looking in the correct settings or something?

Thanks

My sister just bought a used 2013 Model S (60 KWh battery). She can't seem to find a way to retract the side mirrors before pulling into her (narrow) garage without doing it manually. I think the newer models can do it automatically / electronically. Was that not the case for the 2013 cars or is she just not looking in the correct settings or something?

Thanks
Power folding mirrors were introduced in November 2013. If the car was manufactured before then, no power folding mirrors. After then, power folding mirrors were part of the tech package, so again, no tech package, no power folding mirrors. Check the door for the mirror fold button, which should be between the left and right power adjustment buttons. If the middle button is missing, the car does not have power folding mirrors.

Reactions: Carl_Drogo
Power folding mirrors were introduced in November 2013. If the car was manufactured before then, no power folding mirrors. After then, power folding mirrors were part of the tech package, so again, no tech package, no power folding mirrors. Check the door for the mirror fold button, which should be between the left and right power adjustment buttons. If the middle button is missing, the car does not have power folding mirrors.

Thanks. She has some kind of place-holder for a button, but I think the actual button is not there, if I recall correctly. I will tell her to inquire with Tesla about the cost of retrofitting.