Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S85, Drk Blue / Grey Leather, $27k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decided to sell my 2013 Model S85 and replace it with a different 85 with less miles and a few more options. I purchased this car in the spring of 2015 from the Chicago - Highland Park SC. It was a CPO with 45k miles. SC agreed to repaint the hood, front facia and fenders to remove various stone chips. This car has been pampered since and has accumulated over 155k miles.

Specs:
85kw
Dual 40amp chargers. Will charge at 58 mph on an 80amp circut with HPWC.
Tech. Pkg.
Heated Seats
155250 miles
Dark Blue Metallic, no dings but a small few chips on doors, more on hood and front bumper.
Light grey leather, no rips or tares or stains.
Brown open grain ash wood dash trim from Model X
Standard headliner / biege, clean
Floor carpets are perfect.
Ocean LED light upgrades
Carbon fiber mirror covers. OEM covers underneath.
Basic rims, no curb rash or chips, not like rims pictured in photos.
Non-smoker, no pets or kids.
Full charge to 247
Owners Manual
Soft Tesla case fits frunk cubby.
UMC set with case, 24ft.

Maintenance:
Tires, at 90%
New contactors, fall of 2018
Upper control arm, fall of 2017
Sway bar link, Feb. of 2019
12vt battery, fall of 2018
Original brakes, 75%
All receipts from Tesla Service
Stone chip repair, 2017

This has been a trouble-free car and has been on many road trips in all types or weather. Rides smooth and rattle-free.
Asking $27,000
Contact me though a PM or 2623659421 text.

upload_2019-5-21_18-52-46.jpeg
upload_2019-5-21_18-52-46.jpeg upload_2019-5-21_18-53-34.jpeg upload_2019-5-21_18-54-1.jpeg 0521191621a_Burst01.jpg 0521191619.jpg 0521191620.jpg 0521191620_Burst01.jpg 0521191620a_Burst01.jpg

Decided to sell my 2013 Model S85 and replace it with a different 85 with less miles and a few more options. I purchased this car in the spring of 2015 from the Chicago - Highland Park SC. It was a CPO with 45k miles. SC agreed to repaint the hood, front facia and fenders to remove various stone chips. This car has been pampered since and has accumulated over 155k miles.
Have you had the warranty drivetrain replacement? Nearly every car from that year with that many miles needed it (either for the "clunk" or the "milling sound" or both). This might have happened before you bought the car, but I think they only got the "good" drivetrains in in late 2016. You should still have driven long enough after you got the car to have needed it.

I see you got the pack contactor replacement. Could have happened at the same time?

Maintenance:
Tires, at 90%
New contactors, fall of 2018
Upper control arm, fall of 2017
Sway bar link, Feb. of 2019
12vt battery, fall of 2018
Original brakes, 75%
All receipts from Tesla Service
Stone chip repair, 2017

This has been a trouble-free car and has been on many road trips in all types or weather. Rides smooth and rattle-free.
Asking $27,000
Contact me though a PM or 2623659421 text.

Have you had the warranty drivetrain replacement? Nearly every car from that year with that many miles needed it (either for the "clunk" or the "milling sound" or both). This might have happened before you bought the car, but I think they only got the "good" drivetrains in in late 2016. You should still have driven long enough after you got the car to have needed it.

I see you got the pack contactor replacement. Could have happened at the same time?

When I received the car I asked the SC to run the maintenance history for me and they indicated that it was the original drive motor. There never has been any "milling" or "clunk" sounds. It has had three annual vehicle inspections, and the only issue was a replacement upper control arm.

Hmmm. OK, have to think about this -- nearly every car of that vintage had the drivetrain replacement (usually in the 50K-100K mile range), so I'd have to budget for that possibility, though yours might have been exceptionally lucky to avoid the problems.

...my girlfriend told me "I don't like the color", so I won't buy, but let me say, that car is a very tempting deal at that price (even with an allowance for potential maintenance).

Last edited:
Hmmm. OK, have to think about this -- nearly every car of that vintage had the drivetrain replacement (usually in the 50K-100K mile range), so I'd have to budget for that possibility, though yours might have been exceptionally lucky to avoid the problems.

...my girlfriend told me "I don't like the color", so I won't buy, but let me say, that car is a very tempting deal at that price (even with an allowance for potential maintenance).
Don't forget, the drive train warranty is good until the fall of 2021. 8 years, unlimited miles.

• Love
Reactions: neroden