Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 P85...Sudden Increase in range....yes, increase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S with 64k miles on it. The range was getting down to 243-244 on a full charge. I did the last software upgrade and the full charge went up to 290 miles. I thought it was a mistake and I went through few cycles. It consistently charges up to 290. Anyone know what happened? Not that I am complaining, just curious.

I have a 2013 Model S with 64k miles on it. The range was getting down to 243-244 on a full charge. I did the last software upgrade and the full charge went up to 290 miles. I thought it was a mistake and I went through few cycles. It consistently charges up to 290. Anyone know what happened? Not that I am complaining, just curious.

Change your mileage display from “ideal” back to “rated” in the settings.

May be you have the early version of a possible new feature where batteries get better over time. Imagine range actually increasing as your car ages, so you would have the double advantage of new software updates and range increases! :cool: