Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery range calculation decrease with 2023.44.30.5.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned 3 BEVs but am no expert when it comes to battery degradation. In my experience in winter, I will see a drop in miles showing as available. If the night before, I parked and walked away with say 150 miles remaining, the next morning it'll show a number less than that.
Only in winter. I've also seen my range drop from 298 to 292 but I'm attributing it to the cooler weather. 18 M3LR.

I've owned 3 BEVs but am no expert when it comes to battery degradation. In my experience in winter, I will see a drop in miles showing as available. If the night before, I parked and walked away with say 150 miles remaining, the next morning it'll show a number less than that.
Only in winter. I've also seen my range drop from 298 to 292 but I'm attributing it to the cooler weather. 18 M3LR.
Agreed Nick.....in this case I had no range change heading into November and December. Before and during the holidays it was actually quite mild in southern NH, my car sits in a garage at 50F. I get it with the cold weather, but this was basically instantly occurring in a warm garage environment.

Actually now it's finally getting cold and we'll get socked with a snow storm this weekend....but this all happened before the big temperature drop.