TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2013 Tesla Model S P85+ | Green Metallic

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Treidon, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Treidon

Treidon New Member

IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0128.JPG IMG_0163.JPG IMG_0370.JPG

85 kWh Battery
    Performance Plus Package
    Green Metallic Paint
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    21" Grey Turbine Wheels
    Black Performance Interior
    Carbon Fiber Decor
    Matching Yacht Floor
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Twin Chargers
    Supercharger Enabled
    Tech Package
    Smart Suspension
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound System
    Rear Facing Seats
    Premium Interior Lighting
    Brake Calipers -- Black

Includes mobile connector bundle, cargo net and rear shelf

Maintenance is up to date, tires recently replaced (all 4)

Approximately 73k miles. Literally selling this so I can get something with auto pilot.

2. twonius

twonius Member

3. Treidon

Treidon New Member

Asking for 60k

4. MasonFox

MasonFox Member

In which state are you located?

5. Treidon

Treidon New Member

California

6. MasonFox

MasonFox Member

So, this question is for anyone who is reading, and I apologize in advance if I'm asking it in the wrong place. Just let me know where this question best fits and I'll move it.

How would one go about buying a car on the other side of the country? This one, for instance, I would buy for the asking price, assuming it was on the east coast and I could drive to see it. How does someone assess the quality of a car at a distance, and how do you get it shipped across the country?

Thanks for any advice that anyone can offer!

7. Piney999

Piney999 Member

You could see if there are any other forum members who could check it out, or ask the poster what Tesla Shop the car uses and call them for an honest answer. I am also looking for a car, and I for one would look forward to a cross country trip in my new car, that sounds awesome!

8. Zextraterrestrial

rated miles at 90% charge?

9. Treidon

Treidon New Member

10. CarlitoDoc

CarlitoDoc Member

Very nice car for the price....hopefully summer '17 I find one this nice!!!

11. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

There are actually online companies that will survey the car for you, inspect it, take pictures, drive it and provide a written report. It is only a couple hundred dollars. Then, to transport it across the country will cost about $850 via open hauler or $1200 enclosed hauler. I had my MB AMG S63 hauled from Nevada to Florida for $800 and it arrived in perfect condition. Google Auto Inspections and Auto Haulers to find more. Hope that helps.

12. MasonFox

MasonFox Member

Thanks, Mike; that's a huge help If I might push my luck and ask another question, how do you transfer the funds in a way that is timed with the title transfer? Is there a third kind of company that helps with that?

13. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

That is a tough question. It depends on if the seller has clear title or not. If they have clear title, you can hire and online Escrow company to handle it for you. If the seller has a loan, then the bank actually holds the title. So, you would have the seller create and signed and notarized bill of sale and provide it to you. Then, you need to contact the seller's bank, usually via a conference call with you, the seller and the bank, and verify payoff. Explain the transaction so all parties understand and agree to a process. Then you will generally send the payment, via certified funds, to the bank with a copy of the bill of sale and a letter notifying them to apply the funds to the payoff of the vehicle and any remaining funds to be returned to the seller. Or, the online escrow company can also handle this process. I just sold my hybrid and we used the method of the buyer sending certified funds to the bank. The process worked very smoothly and the buyer was able to register and title the vehicle in less than one week. Of course, the online escrow will probably be the safest route, as they will hold funds and title until all parties agree and submit the necessary items.

14. Dmworkman

Dmworkman Member

I reccomend reliable carriers for shipping. I shipped a 73 corvette enclosed from ohio to phoenix for about 1500 bucks. They are a good company and also the preferred shipper for the barret jackson auto auction in scottsdale.