Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Metallic Blue Model S 85 For Sale - 70,000 mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm taking delivery of an M3 (not BMW) this month and need to find a new home for my (your) Model S. I'm located in the SF Bay Area - if you are local (say San Jose to Burlingame) we can arrange to have you see the car in person.

Asking: $35,000. This is in line with good to very good condition on KBB as well as most of the posts I've seen on TMC.

Basic specs:
70,000 mi
VIN: P27xxx
Tech package
19 in OEM rims - there is some wheel rash on it - sorry!
Exterior: Metallic blue
Tan leather interior
Parking sensors
Standard stereo system (I'll be honest - it was kinda crap)
No pan roof (I was worried they would leak)
No AP hardware - too early :(

Other notes:
Lifetime supercharging
I have 1 year left on an extended warranty
The drive motor was recently replaced ~65k miles
The touch screen was also recently replaced and the wireless is LTE

Here are some pics. I'll try to get more online in the next few days:

IMG_3170.jpg
IMG_1883.JPG
IMG_3670 2.JPG

Reactions: yngwiescruggs
CANCEL PURCHASE INQUIRY - purchased 2015 S85 today from a very pleasant, mellow used car business in Roseville, CA: "Carquisite". They also have a white 2012 Signature P85 in great condition.
Whew! - Weeks of research has come to fruition - but now have more focused research to do!
Brian K

purchased ...used car business
Hint for all you future Tesla owners out there: Don’t buy a Tesla from a used car dealer. Not only do they normally not know what they are talking about or the options, Tesla won’t sell extended warranties for vehicles purchased through used car dealerships. I don’t believe this effects private party sales, just dealerships.

• Disagree
Reactions: Buddyroe
Hint for all you future Tesla owners out there: Don’t buy a Tesla from a used car dealer. Not only do they normally not know what they are talking about or the options, Tesla won’t sell extended warranties for vehicles purchased through used car dealerships. I don’t believe this effects private party sales, just dealerships.

It's mind boggling to me that so many people would want to pay $4700 plus $200 per repair for a warranty, for 50,000 miles to cover everything that is not the drive train (drive train on 85's and up have an 8 year / unlimited miles warranty). So, you'd have to have $5k in repairs just to BREAK EVEN. You can do a LOT of repairs for $5k. I can't imagine the average repairs on a Tesla between 50k and 100k, not including the drive train, would come close to exceeding $5k. Even if you ended up spending $6 or $7k in repairs over the 50k miles, it would be worth the risk of spending NOTHING. It's like buying collision/comprehensive insurance on an $8k car that costs you $5k. It's just not a very good investment. Odds are, most people won't come close to the $5k in repairs. I know I haven't had a single repair so far from my dealer-purchased 2014 S.

If you think Tesla is SO unreliable that you need to spend $5k to protect yourself from a large repair bill, you would probably be better off buying another brand of car. I think what's most important is inspecting the car thoroughly. I can drive a car and tell if it has been abused/driven hard (does it pull to left or right? rattles? etc). Also, the condition of the interior will give you a clue as to how the previous owner took care of it overall. One more thing that helps if you can get the info - what month/day the car was actually built. If it was the last 2 or 3 weeks of the 3rd month of any quarter - don't touch it! My car was built in Feb 2015 (titled Dec 29 2014) and has been flawless - even while under warranty.

Hi,

I'm taking delivery of an M3 (not BMW) this month and need to find a new home for my (your) Model S. I'm located in the SF Bay Area - if you are local (say San Jose to Burlingame) we can arrange to have you see the car in person.

Asking: $35,000. This is in line with good to very good condition on KBB as well as most of the posts I've seen on TMC.

Basic specs:
70,000 mi
VIN: P27xxx
Tech package
19 in OEM rims - there is some wheel rash on it - sorry!
Exterior: Metallic blue
Tan leather interior
Parking sensors
Standard stereo system (I'll be honest - it was kinda crap)
No pan roof (I was worried they would leak)
No AP hardware - too early :(

Other notes:
Lifetime supercharging
I have 1 year left on an extended warranty
The drive motor was recently replaced ~65k miles
The touch screen was also recently replaced and the wireless is LTE

Here are some pics. I'll try to get more online in the next few days:

View attachment 358022 View attachment 358024 View attachment 358025