Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S won't charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I removed the on-board charger to replace the two 50A fuses. After reassembly, I am getting a "Cntctr State" error message. I suspect a charging contactor switch failed as well. Or it could be a contact switch that did not get reassembled correctly so the power is cut by the system. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to look for. Here is what I believe to be the relevant diagnostic information.

Contactor Cut OFF Relay Connect Request ON
Contactor Cut OFF Relay Status ON
Cause of READY ON Failure Shift Oper
Cause of Forced Charge Cancel Cntctr State

Thank you

Attachments

• SNTO5235.JPG
    SNTO5235.JPG
    568.8 KB · Views: 126
  • JZXI3482.JPG
    JZXI3482.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 98
  • KULG5396.JPG
    KULG5396.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 95
It's out of warranty right? If it is covered, Tesla should be able to help you with the battery / charging components. Are you sure that the polarity is correct for the fuses? Make sure that there are good electrical connections and definitely recheck everything you touched. Try reseating the components / connection(s).

If you still need help, may be try contacting Tesla or one of these third-party companies:

www.recell-ev.com

www.057tech.com

www.grubermotors.com

www.electrifiedgarage.com

It's out of warranty right? If it is covered, Tesla should be able to help you with the battery / charging components. Are you sure that the polarity is correct for the fuses? Make sure that there are good electrical connections and definitely recheck everything you touched. Try reseating the components / connection(s).

If you still need help, may be try contacting Tesla or one of these third-party companies:

www.recell-ev.com

www.057tech.com

www.grubermotors.com

www.electrifiedgarage.com
Thanks you for the advice. I might be wrong but I don't think these fuses have diodes so polarity shouldn't be an issue. Yes, its a 2014 and warranty is long gone. I suspect the problem is the two contactor switches in the on-board charger. Like a newbie, I just replaced the fuses and didn't check any of the other components. I appreciate the links and the information.