Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 for sale, Still has some Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't seem "way too high" but it's probably quite higher than someone looking for a old, high mileage S is willing to pay. You may get lucky with some patience but then again the market can easily drive the price even further down...

Personally, I wouldn't consider this for anything over 30k

Reactions: ZappCatt
I would say a bit high. My neighbor bought a 2014, pre-AP P85 with under 40K miles for $37K from a dealer. That was a no-haggle price. Since it was dealer, you know there was some decent mark-up in there. It was in great condition. They loved it so much, they went back a week later and bought a '14 S85, also $37K, but had low 30K miles on it. This was in Southern CA. That's how I'm calibrating prices. If a dealer can offer these prices, I expect private party to be a few thousand lower. For that many miles on your P85, I would be looking for low $30s as well. That's my $0.02 since you were saying you weren't getting much response on this.

There was a P85+ that sold in Dallas last week on Autotrader with 80k miles and the same warranty length left as yours for $33,900 and had all of the options available on it...I honestly think the $33k offer you received is actually pretty fair for both parties. I don't imagine Tesla would offer you anymore than $29-32k for your trade-in.

I have to say, I am a little surprised at the little attention I've gotten for my car. I have only had a few inquiries, nothing solid unless I was willing to drop significantly.....

Greengolfer, I have an ad in this forum for a 2014 S 85 with 26,300 miles, unlimited supercharging, autopilot, power lift gate and asking $40,000 and have gotten all kinds of grief for asking that much money for the car. I think this is a terrible place to sell a Tesla - there are few shoppers and many bashers.

Greengolfer, I have an ad in this forum for a 2014 S 85 with 26,300 miles, unlimited supercharging, autopilot, power lift gate and asking $40,000 and have gotten all kinds of grief for asking that much money for the car. I think this is a terrible place to sell a Tesla - there are few shoppers and many bashers.
There are some real buyers on here (like me). I keep saying this...private party sales are supposed to benefit BOTH parties...the seller gets more than Tesla/any other dealership would offer you for trade-in, and the buyer gets a better deal than buying direct from Tesla or any other dealership.

Just like any other forum, you have to filter through the trolls : )

rshields89, As a buyer, where do you go look for used Teslas? Maybe I need to advertise there?
onlyusedtesla.com, Autotrader, Cars.com & CarGurus are all of the places I keep looking (as well as here). I honestly think Autotrader is the best place for private party sales. Craigslist is my last place I look but sometimes you can find a good deal on there...some people are old school and only use Craigslist so you can get lucky sometimes. I use the filter for private sales only as I would never buy a used Tesla from a third party dealership.

Thank you to those of you who gave me some feedback. Personally, I believe that my car is priced at the high end of what could be considered a fair price. Every buyer has a max price that they will pay for a specific car and that how it should be. I am in a position where I am only selling because I want to upgrade, I don't need to upgrade. I am hoping to take advantage of some deals on demo cars that Tesla sells at quarters end. If my prospective buyer falls through this week and no one else wants it at close to my asking price, I will most likely just keep the car(I do love this car).
Thanks again and happy electric driving!

Reactions: Reborn

I'm a real shopper. But I also see what others have paid for their cars in my area and use that to calibrate what I'm willing to pay. There are some deals that do pop up occasionally in this forum and that's why I'm on here. The ads that get the most bashing are the ones that are far out of touch with what a new version of the car can be had for. I'm not referring to this ad though.

Reactions: petacus
Car is still for sale. Current mileage is 94,752miles(it is my daily driver). I have only listed here so far as I do not need to sell the car. I am toying around with getting a performance 3 instead of an S. I have an out of state offer at my asking price, but so far no deposit or any other means to secure the sale.

I took a AWD long range with Aero wheels for an overnight test drive. Long story short, the only thing the 3 did better was the handling. It was slightly noisier and rode a little stiffer on the highway. My car is rear wheel drive so I would like to drive an AWD S to better compare the handling aspect.

Hello again,
I'm back to see if there is any interest in my P85. It still has ~8200 miles left on the Limited warranty. you have 22 1/2 months to use those miles. The battery/drive unit warranty is good until June of 2022. The car is in great condition as you can see by the pics. My new asking price is $35,000 obo. I drive it daily so the miles will continue to add up(45 mi round trip commute daily).

• Funny
Reactions: cucubits