Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85D with bumper conversion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 P85D up for grabs. This is my second car and I am moving to Denver in February and just don't need it any longer. I have babied this car and it is immaculate inside and out.

2nd owner
rear facing seats
carbon fiber vinyl wrapped interior (original dark wood finish)
Carbon fiber wing
gloss black powder coated 21" turbines
Blue reflective calipers (vinyl, can easily be removed if you prefer red)
New tires all around
Clear bra
Ceramic coating
Bumper conversion
Custom built headlights from Evan (blacked out interior, Lexus HID's)
Pano roof
Premium Sound
Next gen seats
47,000 miles

This is the most unique P85D I have ever seen. I paid $68,000 in April and put a little over 10k into it with all the upgrades (6k for bumper total, 1k for vinyl work, 500 for rims, 1500 for clear bra, 500 for ceramic, 1k for tires).

I am asking $65,000. If I can't get that I will keep it so please don't bother messaging me for anything less.

No trades, I don't need another car.

View media item 118708View media item 118706

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    633.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1465.JPG
    IMG_1465.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8114.JPG
    IMG_8114.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_9894.JPG
    IMG_9894.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: MC408
More likely then not that you will not sell your car (If you stand your ground as you have stated which I doubt). But, maybe thats not a bad thing. Enjoy it.

(You have to understand when you can buy a one year younger with more then $10k less and getting 4 years CPO warranty you will have difficulties to find a willing buyer. Just factual information.)

That’s not a bad deal if it also has CPO warranty which it may since it was recently purchased.

I would pay $65K for that over a trashed Tesla CPO at $55K.

GLWS

I agree. Pricing seems fair considering it has all those upgrades and is located in Indianapolis and not CA (where there are ton of “CPOs” in the mid 50s. Even those, the condition is uncertain as the Tesla “CPO” process has changed and could be 2 year warranty, so no guarantee you’ll find a better deal. Not sure how much of the warranty Op has left but I am pretty sure it rolls to the next owner.

I’m also not sure how sales tax on a used vehicle works in Indianapolis, so that may also come into play on final price.

Good luck w sale.

It isn't a CPO but you have to remember that the most expensive part to fix on this car (battery and drivetrain is covered for 8 years) is the computer screen. It is around 4k if it needs a full replacement (extremely rare, usually only 500-1200 for common issues). Suspension is around 1500. Door handles can now be fixed instead of replaced and are generally only around $250. There isn't anything major that could need replacing and I can assure you that with the current state of CPO's, you don't want to touch them with a 10-foot pole. When I say this car is immaculate, I mean it. The 2014 P85D has been called the best model ever made - you get the reliability of this year with the same look of the updated S without the $30,000 surplus for the closest equivalent.

Reactions: MC408
I agree. Pricing seems fair considering it has all those upgrades and is located in Indianapolis and not CA (where there are ton of “CPOs” in the mid 50s. Even those, the condition is uncertain as the Tesla “CPO” process has changed and could be 2 year warranty, so no guarantee you’ll find a better deal. Not sure how much of the warranty Op has left but I am pretty sure it rolls to the next owner.

I’m also not sure how sales tax on a used vehicle works in Indianapolis, so that may also come into play on final price.

Good luck w sale.

Maybe Tesla buyers are different, but mods don't typically add value to a car.

“Best model ever made” - Tesla is around, it’s not air cooled Porsche 911, there are gonna be better Teslas next year. There are gonna be Teslas that have 600 miles range, that charge in 3 minutes, that are actually race track worthy cars, that don’t have leaky roof, that don’t have whoompy wheels... 4 year old used car with a lot of mileage and (lol) aftermarket facelift is not classic by definition

and if you post photos of your modified car, you better disassemble front trunk cover to expose steering linkages so gentlemen here would be able to assess how badly corroded steering linkages are: it would be a shame if buyer would crash a car when steering suddenly will become mechanically disconnected from front wheels, because Indiana winters + galvanic corrosion by genius Tesla engineering + 4 years on the road don't mix well.

and if you post photos of your modified car, you better disassemble front trunk cover to expose steering linkages so gentlemen here would be able to assess how badly corroded steering linkages are: it would be a shame if buyer would crash a car when steering suddenly will become mechanically disconnected from front wheels, because Indiana winters + galvanic corrosion by genius Tesla engineering + 4 years on the road don't mix well.

This car is from Georgia - I purchased it in April and it has never seen a single snowflake here. Like I said, this isn't my daily driver. I don't even take it out in the rain the majority of the time because its black and I hate having to wash the car more than necessary as I hand wash only.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
It isn't a CPO but you have to remember that the most expensive part to fix on this car (battery and drivetrain is covered for 8 years) is the computer screen. It is around 4k if it needs a full replacement (extremely rare, usually only 500-1200 for common issues). QUOTE]

Sounds like you bought at the height of the P85D coming off lease boom or at least market was still hot. It’s softened a bit yet still a highly desirable car. Yours shows extremely well but like most know can’t expect full return from custom modifications.
Full replacement MCU (computer screen) is around $2,200 and there aren’t many items that fail for it to be cheaper or serviceable. Suspension issues are extremely rare and unlikely unless due to road hazards or accidents.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bheuring
I'm confused.. Are the calipers on the right side blue while the ones on the left are red? Who made the front bumper? Why is there a tire pressure warning on the dash? Lots of questions here.

While I understand the thought process behind modifications adding value to the vehicle (my Tesla is also modded) the truth is these things add no value and in most cases devalue the vehicle. The highest private party listing as of today for a P85D without modifications is under your reduced asking price. In the original post you stated intent to keep the car if no one met the original price. Why not keep the car?

I'm confused.. Are the calipers on the right side blue while the ones on the left are red? Who made the front bumper? Why is there a tire pressure warning on the dash? Lots of questions here.

While I understand the thought process behind modifications adding value to the vehicle (my Tesla is also modded) the truth is these things add no value and in most cases devalue the vehicle. The highest private party listing as of today for a P85D without modifications is under your reduced asking price. In the original post you stated intent to keep the car if no one met the original price. Why not keep the car?

The calipers are all blue, one picture was taken before and one after the vinyl was done. The front bumper was made by Tsport and has caused no issues, it was installed by a certified Tesla body shop. The tire pressure warning was due to a sidewall issue on one of the tires but has since been fixed. I would like to keep the car but I am moving from Indianapolis to Denver in 2 months and would prefer to not transport 2 vehicles across the US, especially since the Tesla is my secondary vehicle.