Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 85D - 34k miles - Good deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been an avid BMW fan all my life, but now I've decided to make the transition into the Tesla game after spending a day with one. I feel like prices can be all over the place, from sellers with very high asks to Tesla/Vroom/Carmax with very low trade-in offers. I know this isn't a for sale post but I thought the Tesla community on this part of the forums would know best.

2015 Model S 85D, 34k miles, one owner, couple of minor cosmetic scratches/dings but otherwise pristine car. Monroney attached below. Seller wants 64K, do you guys think that is worth it?

Follow-up question: besides the normal "check the car out and test drive" process of buying a used vehicle, anything I should really check for that would be a deal breaker that a non-Tesla owner wouldn't be aware of? Guy says it has free unlimited supercharging and is under warranty until 50k miles and has got the latest software update.

Attachments

• Image (235).jpg
    Image (235).jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 107
Looks like a good value to me. Next gen seats and premium lighting are nice options that I wish I had on my 2015 85D. However this car doesn't have the "winter package" with heated steering wheel, heated wipers, and heated rear seats. If that is important to you, then keep looking.

Happy shopping,

GSP

Depending on the severity of the scratches/dings and depending on how much warranty time is left, only a bit high. I've seen mid-2015 85d with ultrahifi and subzero for go for 63-64 so about 40% depreciation from msrp. One thing to watch for is to ensure that the ownership chain includes NO dealers (other than Tesla) -- a dealer in the chain eliminates the opportunity to Extended Service Agreement.

Also, keep in mind that NEW inventory 75d, pretty loaded up, with 4 year warranty can go as low as mid-70s with comparable acceleration and range. For example, this one has EAP and FSD at $76.2

Used Inventory | Tesla

Last edited:
It lacks air suspension, the upgraded sound system and dual chargers. Those might not be valuable to you, but they usually have some affect on price. If it is equipped as you want, it seems reasonably priced to me. If you are dealing with a private seller then you can add the extended warranty (or do a deal with the seller to add it prior to purchase), which would give you 100K total warranty.

I've been an avid BMW fan all my life, but now I've decided to make the transition into the Tesla game after spending a day with one. I feel like prices can be all over the place, from sellers with very high asks to Tesla/Vroom/Carmax with very low trade-in offers. I know this isn't a for sale post but I thought the Tesla community on this part of the forums would know best.

2015 Model S 85D, 34k miles, one owner, couple of minor cosmetic scratches/dings but otherwise pristine car. Monroney attached below. Seller wants 64K, do you guys think that is worth it?

Follow-up question: besides the normal "check the car out and test drive" process of buying a used vehicle, anything I should really check for that would be a deal breaker that a non-Tesla owner wouldn't be aware of? Guy says it has free unlimited supercharging and is under warranty until 50k miles and has got the latest software update.
Price is good and you will be under warranty.

• Helpful
Reactions: JPUConn and IdaX

Deaddog has a good point when you take into consideration the tax rebates since you would be buying a New car...

Forgot to mention I WAS a Huge BMW fan...Had 3 and will never own another after having Tesla;)

Depending on the severity of the scratches/dings and depending on how much warranty time is left, only a bit high. I've seen mid-2015 85d with ultrahifi and subzero for go for 63-64 so about 40% depreciation from msrp. One thing to watch for is to ensure that the ownership chain includes NO dealers (other than Tesla) -- a dealer in the chain eliminates the opportunity to Extended Service Agreement.

Also, keep in mind that NEW inventory 75d, pretty loaded up, with 4 year warranty can go as low as mid-70s with comparable acceleration and range. For example, this one has EAP and FSD at $76.2

Used Inventory | Tesla
Anyone know how that 75D is used with only 50 miles on it????

Anyone know how that 75D is used with only 50 miles on it????

I called about that 75D listed for sale. I was told the car was shipped to Hawaii, owner took delivery on the car and then wanted to upgrade. They have to post as a used car with 50 miles (no tax credit). I would have to pay to have it shipped back to the mainland, which could cost up to to $5,000. This is what Tesla told me...

I called about that 75D listed for sale. I was told the car was shipped to Hawaii, owner took delivery on the car and then wanted to upgrade. They have to post as a used car with 50 miles (no tax credit). I would have to pay to have it shipped back to the mainland, which could cost up to to $5,000. This is what Tesla told me...
Makes sense. Not cost wise, with the overseas shipping back to the mainland. Deal for a lucky Hawaiian!