Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 90D Problems. Any others similar experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neat to know that trick, but that is a crazy thing to have to do and wait for lol. Sometimes I don't get updates for weeks at a time maybe even a month or so can go by, so not really satisfied with that approach long term. Yeah I ended up losing money slightly by installing the part locally then going to Service Center when the part replacement didn't get rid of the error messages. Was a crappy ordeal, not to mention 4 hours of driving between taking my car to the closest service center and getting back home. Once they get a Service Center in South Carolina it may not suck as hard but it seems to not be a priority for them(I think we have local laws preventing a service center at the moment because there is no "dealership" here, sold old auto law the big money ICE companies put in place with their old dealership sales model). With Tesla now having bankroll from shares skyrocketing I would think they could pay off the politicians and get me a service center somewhere in the middle of South Carolina or the Upstate.

I'm trying to make sure because I am about to replace my battery heater in my own garage. Did Tesla tell you that they would not update your car for you when you replace parts yourself? Maybe it was just the way it worked out for you, since you didn't know you needed a software redeploy until you were in the service center and they had already spent time diagnosing your car. I'm just hoping that I can get a remote redeploy without charge (or minimal charge) once I replace my battery heater.

I’ve seen threads on TMC on how to force the software redeploy. You have to understand a little about computers, but it doesn’t require anything as sophisticated as getting root access.

Start here for example:
Manual firmware update (for new charge port)

Wow. That's a great thread. A lot of useful info in there. Hopefully I will get an OTA update from tesla before I do my battery heater replacement. However, It's good to know that I have another option to redeploy if I don't. Thanks