Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S door actuator stored working. NOT THE HANDLE.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 Model S door actuator stopped working a month ago. I replaced it with another one today. At first few tests other new one did not release either! I sent a service request on the Tesla App explaining the problem and situation. The door handle module was upgraded in 2021. Things were working up until a few months ago.
I went to the main screen and put the car into service mode. Then exited service mode. I tried the door and it opened. It worked many times. I was curious about the old existing actuator so I reinstalled the old one and it worked! Next I installed the new one again and it worked again and again. Woohoo, success! As well I had not yet received a response from Tesla service. I then cancelled my service request. Within an hour I went for a 25 km drive and went to open the rear left door again and it has not worked since!! I will keep an open mind and try again to find a solution. I have reset the main screen many times. If any body with relevant information can chime in it will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20230324-WA0002.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 140
My rear door handle is extending but when you pull it nothing opens. Is this what you mean? I'll try the service mode idea and see what happens with mine. I think it was when my nephews were trying to get in the car and they didn't understand how the door handle worked. I think they pulled it a couple three times in rapid succession. I'll let you know how mine goes.

Upvote 0
My rear door handle is extending but when you pull it nothing opens. Is this what you mean? I'll try the service mode idea and see what happens with mine. I think it was when my nephews were trying to get in the car and they didn't understand how the door handle worked. I think they pulled it a couple three times in rapid succession. I'll let you know how mine goes.
Good luck!

Upvote 0
well, strangely, my front passenger door handle begin to not pull off... (2013 p85+) so i decided to dismantle it to repair (i already do that maybe 2 times in 4 years) and... nothing is broken in it... but i change... everything in it and now when i reconnect it the handle deploy but never retract and the door won't open... so... maybe the same problem ? is there someone here who could have ideas on what happened ?

Upvote 0
Problem solved, was broken wires in driver's door hinge rubber grommet.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0