Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S P90DL ($144k MSRP) - 21k miles - $80k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No owner needs this kind of "help"

+1

It's just some data to look at. People are just trying to help

There is no need to justify your sales price to anyone. In your mind you have your number and someone will either offer it or not.

Everybody (except the eventual purchaser, of course) hopes you get a great price for your sale!

It's like me going "Selling naval oranges $5 each!!"

Then someone stands right in front of me yelling "Mandarine oranges are listed at $4 each" without revealing that naval oranges are being listed (and sold) at the same vendor for $6 each.

If you were going "Naval oranges are being sold there at $4 each", I would have appreciated that information, and adjust mine accordingly.

I know these are expensive oranges, but they're special.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evil Twin
What a bunch of miserable bastards. So much for me trying to send well wishes.

What is said is EXACTLY "Naval oranges are being sold over there at $4 dollars each.

The information was valid on the date that it was provided. The data backs up my claim that there were several, recently, sold in the 70's. I hope you understand that Tesla changes it CPO prices sometimes HOURLY. I looked at a white p90d just as heavily optioned as yours, without the ridiculous kiddie seats, and it was priced in the mid 70's. Today it's up over 10k in the 80's.

• Disagree
Reactions: edwinlincoln
What a bunch of miserable bastards. So much for me trying to send well wishes.

What is said is EXACTLY "Naval oranges are being sold over there at $4 dollars each.

The information was valid on the date that it was provided. The data backs up my claim that there were several, recently, sold in the 70's. I hope you understand that Tesla changes it CPO prices sometimes HOURLY. I looked at a white p90d just as heavily optioned as yours, without the ridiculous kiddie seats, and it was priced in the mid 70's. Today it's up over 10k in the 80's.

Two counter arguments here

Lets say this were true... so I am supposed to price my car on out-dated info? Or on the current market conditions? Hmmm, by that logic, maybe I should sell all my shares in Amazon for 1900/share instead of putting it out for 2000/share because they were 1900/share last week.

Now on the contrary. What you say has no basis. Looking at the price history, going back to the car most closely priced to mine, it was priced at $90k a week ago. So no, it did not go up 10k. Follow the same cars and you will find that none of them saw a $10k increase. New cars being put in the 80's, correct. Old cars being bumped into the 80's, incorrect. The 70s you saw were not naval oranges. You simply did not look closely enough because as a non-P90DL owner, you don't know what to look for. The subtleties matter a lot here. The mileage matters a lot. A lot of these 70s had an extra 10,000-20,000 miles on top of mine. That's another $5,000-$10,000 of depreciation (at the modest 50 cents per mile, which we know is not the case for P90DLs. They depreciate faster than that). Compound that with the lack of options, and we're inching closer towards a $15k-$20k price gap.

A guy down the road from me got a fully loaded P90D with Luducrious and RFS, a 4 year CPO warranty for 75 last week.. showed me pics and said it was immaculate when he picked it up in Denver.. It didn't show Ludi til he picked it up..

It doesn't seem to appear as a sale made through Tesla based on the purchase history (In other words, I don't see a fully loaded P90DL sold for $75k, especially not near Denver). Another thing to consider is mileage. Fully Loaded is thrown around a lot, a spec sheet would be helpful (like the one I posted).

The sales made recently (within 3 weeks) were $83,600 (47,000 miles) and $91,000 (33,249 miles), both LA. He might have bought the one from Dallas, $76,400 and "rounded down" to $75k in chit-chat (despite the thousands in doc and transportation fee charged by Tesla) and had 44,938 miles. The additional 24k miles would ding the value by at least $12k. Tesla's calculator is rumored to ding it by $1 a mile in calculation of trade-in.

Edwin is more focused on arguing with everyone and justifying his pricing for his one of a kind car rather then trying to sell his car GLWS

Well, Forgive me :D I am in the field of finance so prices are always on my mind. Truthfully, these discussions are useful and engaging. I enjoy having them as much as I enjoy the field I am in.

Before I get called a villain for being one of those finance guys, I should clarify that I am in the academic field of finance. We’re less evil :)

• Funny
Reactions: Ketchups and P85_DA
I hope that this estimate from Tesla will end the debate to why I will not be selling my car in the low 70s.

I risk having my offer revoked by posting this (though there is no confidential statement in the document), but I’ve received similar offers by private party and by a dealership in Indy.

A6F19699-3698-4C48-A166-8323E8FE3FAF.png

Reactions: Ketchups
I hope that this estimate from Tesla will end the debate to why I will not be selling my car in the low 70s.

I risk having my offer revoked by posting this (though there is no confidential statement in the document), but I’ve received similar offers by private party and by a dealership in Indy.

View attachment 334297

Honestly as time passes and more come off lease this is a good no hassle deal ...I would take it ..since ur a finance guy think time value of money ;)