Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S90D question on screw and rivet front plastic undercarriage guard?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long story short, was behind a car too close on highway, top of hill they swerved to avoid a dead deer in middle of our lane. I was on autopilot about to hit the thing 4 car lengths in front of me. Managed to react enough to only clip it on my left front. Tore the protective wheel well liner right out of my left front wheel but really that was the only part I am having to replace(takes like 3 screws and 8+ rivets to pop and hold it in place to prevent pebbles and water getting in areas in that wheel well and the front mechanics of the car as you drive.)

The other part I'm trying to fix up and secure is the plastic guard that sits under the front of the car, I saw it had popped out a little after impact so I had to pop it back in place but I had lost what looks like 1 screw and rivet out of it compared to the right hand side of my car. So two pictures are of the bad drivers side missing screw and rivet(circled) with good right hand side that has that screw and rivet in place.

My question to the Tesla community experts is what size screw and rivets are these, can I buy the screw and rivet generically online and be good to go? If so any links appreciated amazon/home depot/lows etc. . Right now I have a zip-tie through one of the holes to help hold it in place till I get a proper screw again haha.
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_0873.jpg
IMG_0874.jpg

One of my under-panels lost a couple screws and started scraping the road. A few strips of gorilla tape kept things intact until I was able to get my S to the service center. Only as an FYI - the service center charged me about $300 to replace the panel, since I had more than missing screws to worry about.

Reactions: jeremy0916
Just sent this post to Tesla support too from my account over there. Says it may take 3 business days to get a reply. Will see if they update and will add an answer here if they have one if no community members have dealt with putting in fresh screws/rivets before.

I tried looking through that site on mobile and it was terrible. No clue how to use it hah, ended up buying 2 things:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CWWS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QG8CWFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems like they will fit fine even if the hex screw one isn't a perfect match in color/length of thread.

If you are in South Carolina I have a place to recommend for alignment work. Blue Ridge Tire. They do great alignments for 50-100 bucks. Even attached my left wheel well guard back on that ripped off from hitting a deer for 30 bucks extra for the labor which was good deal. I came out for alignment and that at 90 dollars. Kind of work a Tesla service center 3 hours away from me would charge $400+ for probably haha.