Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S85D - Dead-Doesnt drive- Both screens off....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 S85D approx 80k miles.

Walked out this morning after seeing a random msg from the Tesla App saying to charge my battery that the charge is low. Had approx 190+ miles since last night. Went to load the car and car unlocks etc, all doors open, trunk, frunk lights blink , but both screens completely dead, wont turn on. First instinct was to "reboot with the steering wheel controls" no go.

next step, i thoguht the 12v was completely dead. popped off the facade panel checked with DMM and it was 11.8, eh....so i charge it to 12.3 etc while on the phone with Tesla. No go...they said its main battery pack issue before i even told them i hooked the 12v up and they want it towed. Was going to run an extension cord for 120v, but the rep said dont bother. Must be serious....

Just wondering if any similar situation happened out there. I did a quick search but didnt really find anything similar.

Problem now is i have a Ford Suv Loaner Gas Guzzler.....smh

Yea...very weird. It is possible. But tesla rep on the phone specifically told me its not 12 volt related as i wouldve easily swapped out the battery if needed, but they could be wrong. Maybe its a combination of hv battery and dc to dc converter and 12v. I guess ill find out tomorrow or during the week.

Just got msg...."new" 85 battery on order. I asked about the 90 and they said those were one off situations where the 8 k batteries were not available for over a month so those customers got 90k. Probably going to get a refurb, hopefully the range is the same i had,