Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016.5 P100DL/P90DL with Full Carbon Fiber Body Kit Over $35K Invested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the price cuts, adding standard options etc. A new P100DL with 325 miles of range 21" wheels and FSD is under $128,500.
Drop FSD and go to 19" sonic carbon wheels and it is $120,500 and 345miles of range.
Drop the L and figure the tax credit and P100D that is right at as quick as your car new is under $100k.

Tesla has screwed you by dramatically improving their value of new sales and aftermarket stuff doesn't hold half it's value.

Actually the only thing holding any value would be this body kit. Tesla hasn't just screwed me, but has screwed everyone it just depends how long before you realize your getting screwed cuz u r, we all do. Tesla hasn't done anything significant in 2 years regarding their technology aspect of self driving/autonmous level 5 I believe it is. Not one of the current owners will ever use full fsd / AP2 etc. in their Tesla they own today. I'm still waiting for someones car to just drive 100 yards and pick them up in front of the store lol. Unfortunately I loved my Tesla and thought they were on too big things but I'm bailing lol. All I really car about is the fact they are the worst cars with depreciation, at least for mine. Which makes no sense considering the warranty included. I need a car that at least retains some value. And it's not like AP2 is even a factor, company is becoming a joke sadly enough

Those prices have been like that for a while. If a new loaded one can be bought for under $100k then what did you think a 2-3 year old car would be worth?
Trust me I know all about Tesla and their value cuz I had to argue with people on here 5-7 months ago that refused to believe it was one of the worst depreciating cars. Took most people months to finally get it. However the P100D with ap2/fsd was still in the 90's a week ago and with ap2 high 90's to 100's. They just took a huge *sugar* since the company cant keep selling their fantasy ideas to anyone anymore and stocked tanked with minus 700 million

OP- GLWS. Sweet looking ride. If you want a car that has great resale, consider a GTR. I just sold my 2012 GTR with 70k miles for $54,000. Original sticker $93,000. I purchased in 2014 with 15k miles for $76,000. So in my 5 years of ownership, only lost 21k in depreciation. I want a Tesla but depreciation is really shocking.... BTW, how much are you asking for you car??

Reactions: Daddy S and glide
Actually Miata's are great at holding value. I bough one for $6000 drove for about 6 years, with minimal maintenance, and sold for $4000. So cost was only about $350 maybe $400 a year, based on your previous deprecation , 60k will last you about 120 years with Miata's. Assuming future cost of ownership will be the same. However you will spend significantly more in gas costs for the next 120 years.

Actually Miata's are great at holding value. I bough one for $6000 drove for about 6 years, with minimal maintenance, and sold for $4000. So cost was only about $350 maybe $400 a year, based on your previous deprecation , 60k will last you about 120 years with Miata's. Assuming future cost of ownership will be the same. However you will spend significantly more in gas costs for the next 120 years.
I see someone is expecting a 12 decade life :D

• Funny
Reactions: edwinlincoln
@Daddy S, you have a stunningly beautiful vehicle. I wish you well in your sale.

I would concur with Sam. It looks fantastic and very similar in colors when I customized my 2015 Lexus RC350. Black with carbon fiber accents and key design pieces (rear lower fins, Lexus logo, etc.) plasti dipped in red which I thought gave it a a wicked color contrast design. The many compliments at Petrol stations would suggest many others agreed.

Unfortunately, all of us with Performance Line models are getting Monkey Humped :eek: on resale right now. Some of us a lot more than others. But that's what it is. You want a car for resale then you focus on Collectors cars.

So, for me. Chances are I'll just upgrade the bumper to the Refresh design and hang onto it until there is about a year or so left on the 8 year Powertrain warranty. And even then I'm thinking that a 2015 MS P85D with around 135K miles and no warranty may be worth about $25K - $35K. Maybe??? I'm sure the resale then will have a lot to do with all the following EV's that should be on the streets by that time such as the:

• Porsche Taycan
  • Audi e-tron Series
  • Byton M-Byte & K-Byte
  • Rivian R1T
  • Lucid Air
  • Faraday Future FF 91 (based on intel hot off the press it looks like they're on the map again)
  • Etc...

I learned awhile ago that if you want a car for resale then it's Collectors cars. And even then there's a bit of a science to it IMO. Bottom line is that a car is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Besides resale value on our current EV's. I'm excited to see all the advancements in automotive technology that is poised to change the World of Transportation by "accelerating the advent of sustainable transport".

Previous 2015 Lexus RC350 F-Sport with the red accents mentioned.
IMG_2774.JPG

Tesla is never going down under. They alone revolutionized the car industry and are decades ahead on technology. The e-tron is *sugar* on milage, lucid is a myth the other yeah might come out but once again they won't be able to rival Tesla and I'they do Tesla is still fas head by the time they can catch up to today's range with the same packs/kwh

OP- GLWS. Sweet looking ride. If you want a car that has great resale, consider a GTR. I just sold my 2012 GTR with 70k miles for $54,000. Original sticker $93,000. I purchased in 2014 with 15k miles for $76,000. So in my 5 years of ownership, only lost 21k in depreciation. I want a Tesla but depreciation is really shocking.... BTW, how much are you asking for you car??
"from $90K-$97K"!!

Tesla is never going down under. They alone revolutionized the car industry and are decades ahead on technology. The e-tron is *sugar* on milage, lucid is a myth the other yeah might come out but once again they won't be able to rival Tesla and I'they do Tesla is still fas head by the time they can catch up to today's range with the same packs/kwh
Possibly get bought by a company with deeper pockets, IMHO they'd be a perfect fit for Toyota from a manufacturing/quality control standpoint and could splinter the company into an economy/lux division like they've done with Lexus. I just don't know how much longer they will receive cash injections if sales become stagnant, and other EVs either catch up or surpass them.

Wow, did you drink the FUD milkshake? Sales are stagnant how? As a company Tesla grew the # of vehicles sold ~100% YoY Q1 ‘18 vs Q1 ‘19.
LOL! That number is represented by Model 3 sales, of which was due to delays, assembly line issues and shipping logistics. Is it "FUD" that Musk just went on record stating that next quarter will most likely also see another $750mil loss? You think you can simply lose $1.5 BILLION right around the time competitors are bringing EVs to market and that's a good thing?? Their so-called biggest selling vehicle (Model Y) won't even be out by the end of the year, not to mention they still don't even know where it's going to be built!!

You want to compare time periods? The Model 3 just dropped over 64% QoQ! At least Model S and X sales will save them, oh wait....did I mention their stock has dropped 30% ytd?

Tesla Should See 2019 Net Loss Of $3.5bn - Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

"FUD", ok sure.

Actually the only thing holding any value would be this body kit. Tesla hasn't just screwed me, but has screwed everyone it just depends how long before you realize your getting screwed cuz u r, we all do. Tesla hasn't done anything significant in 2 years regarding their technology aspect of self driving/autonmous level 5 I believe it is. Not one of the current owners will ever use full fsd / AP2 etc. in their Tesla they own today. I'm still waiting for someones car to just drive 100 yards and pick them up in front of the store lol. Unfortunately I loved my Tesla and thought they were on too big things but I'm bailing lol. All I really car about is the fact they are the worst cars with depreciation, at least for mine. Which makes no sense considering the warranty included. I need a car that at least retains some value. And it's not like AP2 is even a factor, company is becoming a joke sadly enough
Guess what, car prices drop, Buddy, and USED car prices drop even more.

• Funny
Reactions: rjscoder
Reactions: Triplett