TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2016 Louisiana tax credit letter - help!

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by TD-3, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TD-3

TD-3 Member

I understand the 2016 state credit for 75kw is $8640. Does anyone have a copy of the LADOR letter confirming that?

I'm looking for one like the attached. (This one came from NOLAMike in another thread).

Much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

Is this what you are looking for?

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 2
  3. TD-3

TD-3 Member

Yes sir! Exactly what I was looking for. Ask TMC and ye shall receive.... Thanks so much!

• Like x 1
  4. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

Happy to help

5. bleebdat

bleebdat Member

Does anyone know if the credits in Louisiana survived into 2018? I am able to design my model 3 now and as of today it stopped showing applicable tax credits for the state in Tesla's online calculators.

6. AcidTest

AcidTest Member

The Louisiana DMV page still shows up to $2500 tax credit for an EV, and Tesla's page still shows it. There was apparently a bill introduced in 2017 to expire the credit on Dec 31 2017, but I found the following which looks like it still maintains up to $2500 credit for an EV. It shows in the website as having been last modified on Sept 8 2017.

Louisiana State Legislature

Parargraph D states:

D. In cases of a new motor vehicle purchased by a taxpayer with qualified clean-burning motor vehicle fuel property, as defined in Subparagraph (B)(2)(b) of this Subsection, if installed by the vehicle's manufacturer the taxpayer may claim a credit against individual or corporate income tax for the taxable period in which the new motor vehicle is purchased equal to ten percent of the cost of the motor vehicle or two thousand five hundred dollars, whichever is less, provided the motor vehicle is registered in this state.

• Like x 1
  7. bleebdat

bleebdat Member

Acidtest is correct for any Louisiana residents, my gf works with the state gov and she called about it today for me to get clarification. The rebate is now $2500.

• Like x 1