Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Louisiana tax credit letter - help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand the 2016 state credit for 75kw is $8640. Does anyone have a copy of the LADOR letter confirming that?

I'm looking for one like the attached. (This one came from NOLAMike in another thread).

Much appreciated!

Attachments

• Louisiana MY2016 Model S90 Tax Credit Customer Letter.pdf
    209.1 KB · Views: 122
Does anyone know if the credits in Louisiana survived into 2018? I am able to design my model 3 now and as of today it stopped showing applicable tax credits for the state in Tesla's online calculators.

The Louisiana DMV page still shows up to $2500 tax credit for an EV, and Tesla's page still shows it. There was apparently a bill introduced in 2017 to expire the credit on Dec 31 2017, but I found the following which looks like it still maintains up to $2500 credit for an EV. It shows in the website as having been last modified on Sept 8 2017.

Louisiana State Legislature

Parargraph D states:

D. In cases of a new motor vehicle purchased by a taxpayer with qualified clean-burning motor vehicle fuel property, as defined in Subparagraph (B)(2)(b) of this Subsection, if installed by the vehicle's manufacturer the taxpayer may claim a credit against individual or corporate income tax for the taxable period in which the new motor vehicle is purchased equal to ten percent of the cost of the motor vehicle or two thousand five hundred dollars, whichever is less, provided the motor vehicle is registered in this state.

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
LA DOR asked for proof I deserve the $8640, so ill send them the letter to Tesla. lets hope they consider the cost to be the same for "converting" a 2016 vs a 2017 Model S. I bought my car in April, before the new law passed so hopefully it all checks out.

LA DOR asked for proof I deserve the $8640, so ill send them the letter to Tesla. lets hope they consider the cost to be the same for "converting" a 2016 vs a 2017 Model S. I bought my car in April, before the new law passed so hopefully it all checks out.

Any luck with this? I have a 2017 Model X 100D, and I am struggling to find something concrete regarding Louisiana tax credits for 2017 vehicles. Took Delivery July 2017.