Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a quick transit and prep for your car.
I'm in San Diego. Order confirmed 4/15 and entered production 5/9. DS is hopeful that I might get it before Memorial day.. That's too long.
Yes. I placed my order on the 12th though, called Tesla immediately and had them push it along because I informed them I'd be without a car (since I sold mine almost two weeks ago). Also mine entered production on the 9th as well.

Has anyone actually seen doors with pockets? The new S in Palo Alto did not have them and sales didn't seem to know about this
Have you seen anyone confirm/mention this feature recently? It was widely rumored to have door pockets, ventilated seats, etc. before the refresh was officially announced. However, they weren't included in the announcement on April 12th and I haven't heard anyone mention them showing up since then.

Has anyone actually seen doors with pockets? The new S in Palo Alto did not have them and sales didn't seem to know about this

I always assumed that the reason the S didn't have door pockets was the mechanisms related to the extending door handles. The X doesn't have these, obviously - and it does have pockets, at least in the doors it doesn't dangle over people's heads.

Have you seen anyone confirm/mention this feature recently? It was widely rumored to have door pockets, ventilated seats, etc. before the refresh was officially announced. However, they weren't included in the announcement on April 12th and I haven't heard anyone mention them showing up since then.
nope, that is why I was wondering. I read through the first dozen + pages and backwards through a bunch of pages until I hit a ton of license plate speculation stuff and never found anything more. I think that is the only thing that wasn't added that was rumored. The door leather on the upper area seemed different to me on the refreshed S but I think that leather had changed before the refresh. mine is textured and the new is smooth - like the arm rest area on the door

Yes. I placed my order on the 12th though, called Tesla immediately and had them push it along because I informed them I'd be without a car (since I sold mine almost two weeks ago). Also mine entered production on the 9th as well.

Interesting - didn't know you could call them and tell them "hey hurry it up!" Did you call your DS or someone in Fremont/Palo Alto? Please share details!

nope, that is why I was wondering. I read through the first dozen + pages and backwards through a bunch of pages until I hit a ton of license plate speculation stuff and never found anything more. I think that is the only thing that wasn't added that was rumored. The door leather on the upper area seemed different to me on the refreshed S but I think that leather had changed before the refresh. mine is textured and the new is smooth - like the arm rest area on the door
The ventilated seats haven't been added yet either, hence my delayed delivery. :(

Yes, I sold my 2013 Model S on March 21!

My friend LoL Rick had a 2000 Jetta, manual transmission just lying around he was kind enough to loan me. AND he let me help drive his Tesla on the Williamsburg road trip this past weekend. Thank goodness for his generosity!
Hmmm. Yeah, then I don't know what to tell you :( I asked them to put in a request April 12 and they did (apparently).

Hmmm. Yeah, then I don't know what to tell you :( I asked them to put in a request April 12 and they did (apparently).
Doesn't seem like they rushed yours really, I removed delayed delivery on mine April 4, and I'm taking delivery next week... And it had to travel by train to Birmingham where it will get on a truck any day to come to FL. ?

Doesn't seem like they rushed yours really, I removed delayed delivery on mine April 4, and I'm taking delivery next week... And it had to travel by train to Birmingham where it will get on a truck any day to come to FL. ?
It was, slightly. Especially considering the backend of the My Tesla account listed May-June delivery. What's more, mine didn't lock in until a week after I placed my order (foolishly forgot to call and lock in earlier).

Reactions: Btrflyl8e