Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to potentially sell my 2016 s70D in Florida. Having a hard time determining what a fair price would be. 51k miles, third row, AP1, pre-facelift, upgraded tubine wheels, no accidents, good condition, a few very minor scratches on hood, overall in great shape. My two youngest kids have outgrown the jump seats in the back. Can't find any listed on carmax, is there a summary of sales out there somewhere that you can gauge what its worth?

Tesla's prices are firm, and cars come with either a 2 year warranty (to max of 100k odometer miles) or 4 year/50k mile warranty (for vehicles that are less than 4 years old and currently have less than 50k miles). Prices have dropped a lot in the past 6 months. I bought mine about 8 months ago. Frustrating seeing how much prices have dropped, considering how little they dropped in the 8 months or so prior to me purchasing.

Tesla's prices are firm, and cars come with either a 2 year warranty (to max of 100k odometer miles) or 4 year/50k mile warranty (for vehicles that are less than 4 years old and currently have less than 50k miles). Prices have dropped a lot in the past 6 months. I bought mine about 8 months ago. Frustrating seeing how much prices have dropped, considering how little they dropped in the 8 months or so prior to me purchasing.

Interesting. I was looking at trading my car in on an SUV about 4 months ago and took the car to CarMax and they offered $50k which I thought was low and decided to wait until after the Holliday’s to see how my year looked. Looking at the current pricing on that ev-Cpo site it looks like their price was pretty much inline. Not sure why pricing would have dropped recently. If Tesla isn’t even offering the lower battery models it seems there would be a void to own a Tesla in this price range moving forward.

When using ev-cpo there's two ways to look at it from a price perspective: cars for sale; cars sold. Both are on there and for you I would look at cars sold. The website shows you the price and date of when a car sold, ergo you can see trends and what current / recent prices are for the model you're selling, with options.

Dzm

BTW Tesla uses a pricing startegy of starting high and as the car sits, they lower the price by some algorithm, until sold. Last month a lot of 85Ds and 90Ds saw prices come down as much as 6k. Meaning IMO they started 6k high hoping for more profit, until condition, desire, and price matched - then it sold.
Dzm