Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X 75D - 8000 miles - Only $84,500 or best offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla-modelx-1.jpeg tesla-modelx-2.jpeg tesla-modelx-3.jpeg tesla-modelx-4.JPG
Vehicle photos above (click thumbnails for larger view)

Window sticker below ($95,600 MSRP w/Destination)
tesla-modelx-5-sticker.jpg

See FULL Cars.com listing here:
2016 Tesla Model X 75D For Sale In Beachwood | Cars.com

BASICS:
Exterior color: Midnight Silver Metallic
Interior Color: Black Multi-Pattern Seats
75D Battery (237 miles EPA rated range)
Seating for Seven Adults (2/3/2 configuration)

OPTIONS
75D Battery with All Wheel Drive
Autopilot Hardware with Convenience Features
Smart Air Suspension
Black Headliner
Carbon Fiber Decor
7-Seater w/Multi-Pattern seats (as noted above)

UPGRADES
All-Season Black Rubber Floor Mats (factory mats too!)
Niche Essen M147 Satin Black Wheels w/All Season Tires

ASKING PRICE
$84,500 or best offer

Vehicle is in excellent condition. Brand new wheels/tires with under 1k miles on them. You can no longer get the CF interior with the multi-pattern seats, and replicating this car these days would cost ~$100k. Why wait over 2 months and spend almost $20k more when you can save right here?

Serious buyers only. Private party seller -- no tire kickers. Will not last long at this price-- this is the lowest cost, best equipped, best-bang-for-buck Model X currently on the market!

Interested?! Send private message on these forums, thanks.

FORGOT TO MENTION....

The original window sticker here does NOT include the Autopilot add-on. That was a $3,000 item after the fact, or would have been $2,500 at the time of purchase. So keep in mind this vehicle was actually more like $97,900 MSRP w/destination when it was new.

Vehicle is a 75D (window sticker seems to list both 70 and 75)-- they never made a 70 on the X. And so yes it DOES also have autopilot (V1) included too!

For anyone who might be interested, I'm -very- motivated to sell right now. Have an opportunity to buy a used sports car I've had my eye on and the wife says this needs to go, first. I can offer financing via a local dealer (they said they can pass the car through them, to help someone who might have financing or a trade-in). Let me know!

Great! Is this able to get AP 2.0?

No car can be upgraded. Either it has AP1 or it has AP2 --- but AP1 cars will never be able to get the AP2 upgrade. Elon has said this just isn't cost effective. So if you want AP2 you will have to buy one that came with it from factory.

That said AP1 is far more advanced right now. I drove this car on a 1,200 mile road trip and it worked flawlessly. On the other hand AP2 can't be used at freeway speeds yet and there are tons of reviews & videos showing it being inferior. It will be months before AP2 catches up with AP1 and probably not until 2018 until AP2 can do more.

I wouldn't buy an AP2 car right now personally until it at least has AP1 parity. That's my $.02

Created a walk-around video showing that autopilot is indeed unlocked on this vehicle, and other angles for prospective buyers.

Check it out here:

PS: Window sticker shows 5/2016 date of manufacture; Door jamb sticker date 6/2016. In case anyone was wondering-- so plenty of warranty left, less than 9 months old!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: rjcbox
I've removed the listing from Cars.com but the X remains for sale. I have a pending trade with a local dealer that wont likely conclude for a few more days. So if someone throws me an offer I'll entertain it-- but the X will be gone soon-- either sale here, or trade in local. Thx!

Thanks for the update..

If the sticker price was 95.6, then the cost to the original buyer was 88.1k with the federal tax credit. Add in the 8000 miles depreciation, the older AP hardware, and concerns about initial quality issues with the X... It seems like this is a low 70k used vehicle at best.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX and Reeler
If the sticker price was 95.6, then the cost to the original buyer was 88.1k with the federal tax credit. Add in the 8000 miles depreciation, the older AP hardware, and concerns about initial quality issues with the X... It seems like this is a low 70k used vehicle at best.

That said the "initial quality issues" were resolved by a huge change at the end-of-line they were doing. Occurred around VIN # 0055XX for reference. (Have a half dozen Tesla employee friends who verified this for me two months ago when I purchased this SUV). At that time it was a CPO with ~7,000 miles and the price was within 1% of the price listed here. So that is a non-issue.

Sticker price was $95,600 BEFORE you add Autopilot. At some point that was an added feature (either by the original owner, or perhaps Tesla when it became a CPO right before my purchase). As a minimum that added $2,500 to the MSRP. Which would bring the net price for the original owner to $90,600 -- based on AP1 prices. To replicate this car now in 2017 trim would add AP2, but lose unlimited supercharging. It would kick the price up about $4,000 (increase in 22" cost, increase in AP2 cost, and no more CF option with the multi-pattern, too!).

Average vehicles lose about 10% of their value in their first year. If indeed the net price was $90,600 that puts this car squarely where it belongs at a retail level. Knowing what they gave me for the vehicle in question, it should have no issue selling for slightly below their asking price, which would be VERY within reason, given other vehicles on the market. And, at this point, I've driven a few AP2 cars and they are downright scary. I don't trust them one bit. Until AP2 is on parity with AP1, the better buy is AP1. Again from people "in the know" I'm told we wont see AP2 cars doing anything "new" (beyond AP1) till 2018. Buyers beware....

Bottom line is that I strongly disagree with your price comments. But does it really matter? This X is worth whatever someone pays for it. You/I could sit here and talk till we're blue in the face, that doesn't really matter. Of course if you want to go make them an offer-- go for it! :)

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
For anyone who might be interested, I'm -very- motivated to sell right now. Have an opportunity to buy a used sports car I've had my eye on and the wife says this needs to go, first. I can offer financing via a local dealer (they said they can pass the car through them, to help someone who might have financing or a trade-in). Let me know!

So which model Porsche did you buy ?