Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90DL High Power Consumption Same weather conditions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all, over the past week I've noticed that my daily commute is now using ~500 wh/mi where as for the previous couple of weeks it has been around 370 wh/mi.

All conditions have been relatively consistent (as much as possible) including ambient temperature, weather, tire pressure, traffic conditions, driving style (autopilot usage), climate control off.

I've also noticed that I am getting considerably lower than the estimated trip battery percentage when I have navigation active for my work location (please see attached picture). I am used to getting at least 1-2% more than estimated for this trip.

batterypercent.jpg

Has anyone run into anything like this before? I'm trying to find an explanation for the perceived increase in power consumption. Thanks.

Hmm, I and you have probably about same car, and battery technology.
I took a photo because I drove a bit longer trip few days ago, and due to unusually hot weather, I guess, I had unusually big difference in the real use vs estimate.
I thought it was funny how precisely the "notches" along the curve were estimated, (there are plenty of elevation changes along the route)

20190520_112759.jpg

my battery/car is used for about 60000 km and I have nothing like efficient tires on it. yours?
BTW: the only thing I find truly odd about your graph is the big capacity drop over such a short time, are you completely sure you did not participate in a hill climb race at that point? :)