Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 S90D with FSD and MCU1: dashcam and sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

Sorry for asking this if it’s been answered before. If there’s faq for this, I’d appreciate a link to it please.

I’m looking at a 2016 S90D with FSD (both hardware and software) but with MCU1. Since I have a M3 with dashcam and sentry, I would like the same features on the S90D.

Haven’t seen the car yet but want to know beforehand before I see it if given the hardware/software on the car, will it have dashcam and sentry mode available for it?

Thanks I’m advance

Hi.

Sorry for asking this if it’s been answered before. If there’s faq for this, I’d appreciate a link to it please.

I’m looking at a 2016 S90D with FSD (both hardware and software) but with MCU1. Since I have a M3 with dashcam and sentry, I would like the same features on the S90D.

Haven’t seen the car yet but want to know beforehand before I see it if given the hardware/software on the car, will it have dashcam and sentry mode available for it?

Thanks I’m advance
I have a white 2017 S90D, 21,700 miles, FSD, MCU HW3 with dash cam & sentry, upgraded cameras, in pristine condition. I think MCU1 does not support dash cam and sentry.

You will not have dashcam and sentry if the car still has MCU1. If you look at the FAQ document Telsa has on their website you will see it says those features will be supported after the MCU2 upgrade if you also have the FSD computer, although resolution and color of the images may not be same as you've experience on your M3.

Look at the FAQ entry for what's included in MCU2 upgrade and the comments under the Security entry.