Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017-2020 vs 2021-2023 OEM Glass roof sunshades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the difference between these two products? The 2017-2020 cost $100 vs the more expensive current ones for $145? Seems opportunistic to make the newer ones cost more imo I really only need the back sunshade.

Bump? Anyone know what the difference between the 2 products could be other than 45 dollar?
The liners changed slightly starting with 2021 Model 3, so if you buy the older one it simply won't fit properly.

There now so many inexpensive third party options (including ones with optional reflective layer or even retracting ones) I don't the OEM necessarily makes the most sense especially on a budget.

Reactions: MattH
There now so many inexpensive third party options (including ones with optional reflective layer or even retracting ones) I don't the OEM necessarily makes the most sense especially on a budget.
Thanks for the response! I actually have a decent set of 3rd party shades, but it does not cover the entire back window, Tesla OEM appears to be a little lighter and can be used safely while covering the entire back window, so that would be my only interest in the OEM shades, price is obnoxious tho.