Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Elon quit the councils. He did his best. No sense beating a dead horse or a dead intellect.
Dominoes...

2F327C10-8E6F-4E21-AAC3-52A9074892CB.jpg

Trump: "I was elected by the voters of Pittsburgh, not Paris"

Mayor of Pittsburgh tweet: "I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future."

Fact: Hillary Clinton received 80% of the vote in Pittsburgh.

I feel like I'm living in an orthogonal universe
Trump won the Pittsburgh metropolitan area with 50.2% of the vote.

Mapping How America's Metro Areas Voted in 2016

Last edited:
Evidently the new coal mine is for metallurgic coal, not for power plants.

Trump's right: A coal mine is opening soon. It will create 70 jobs

The main reason it is good we left the Paris accord is to get out of the Green Climate Fund. Of course, every 3rd world nation would love free money. What an easy way to get them to signup. Notice how Obama sent $500 million on his last three days of office. That is because giving money away is about as politically popular as giving pardons to tax dodgers.

Trump is doing the USA a service. The anti-Trump people are just hysterical as always.

(politics in the market thread will hopefully end soon).

Solar and Wind will continue to progress, and we'll reduce emissions. But not as part of the this Green Climate Fund scam.
where's that freakin ignore button.....? ah... found it <click>

Nvda went up 65% over the next 20 trading days which could mean $564 for TSLA over the next 4 weeks
May or may not happen but at least worth a consideration
PANW went up 17% today and it was less heavily shorted than TSLA
With TSLA much more heavily shorted than PANW any good news over the next several days could ignite a fierce rally with short squeeze
To my eyes TSLA chart looks like a coiled spring ready to sprint up any given day
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings

Last edited:
I think there is a good probability that TSLA could be a $560 stock within next 4 to 6 weeks Take a look at current TSLA chart and compare it to NVDA chart from 2010
See below
A good probability of that happening would be any probability to me. :p Or do you mean good probability as in more likely than not, aka greater than 50% chance?

Nvda went up 65% over the next 20 trading days which could mean $564 for TSLA over the next 4 weeks
May or may not happen but at least worth a consideration
PANW went up 17% today and it was less heavily shorted than TSLA
With TSLA much more heavily shorted than PANW any good news over the next several days could ignite a fierce rally with short squeeze
To my eyes TSLA chart looks like a coiled spring ready to sprint up any given day
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings
Great find on the chart. I agree, crazy similarities there! I'm searching and found NVDA won a legal dispute worth $1.5 Billion against INTC in January 2011. I'm guessing that triggered the beginning of the move up? Do you think the start of Model 3 production will be what potentially triggers TSLA to move up like NVDA did in 2011, some other news, or do you think no news is needed and it's a pure technical setup play combined with high short interest? Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts.

A good probability of that happening would be any probability to me. :p Or do you mean good probability as in more likely than not, aka greater than 50% chance?

Great find on the chart. I agree, crazy similarities there! I'm searching and found NVDA won a legal dispute worth $1.5 Billion against INTC in January 2011. I'm guessing that triggered the beginning of the move up? Do you think the start of Model 3 production will be what potentially triggers TSLA to move up like NVDA did in 2011, some other news, or do you think no news is needed and it's a pure technical setup play combined with high short interest? Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts.
One of my highly esteemed friends who wishes to remain anonymous thinks ( and he has no inside knowledge, he is just a super smart guy and a very savvy investor) that market is not pricing in a major announcement related to mobility and autonomy and that knowledgeable buyers are steadily bidding up the stock in anticipation . If this occurs, sooner than expected then TSLA could easily add another $50B to its market cap, he thinks. That means TSLA will eat Uber's breakfast, lunch and dinner ( as well as desserts). This guy is a super smart genius multimillionaire investor and he has been right about TSLA ever since I've known him. I emphasize he is just a shrewd analyst with no inside knowledge.
Any catalyst could propel the stock
I dunno I'm just speculating so please do not take me seriously for all I know the damn thing may tank big time tomorrow (I hope not)

Greater than 50% chance but I'm a wild eyed optimist so take my opinions with quite a few helpings of salt

Yup! Trump did say he loves the environment. For anyone that listened, you heard he said we are going to have the cleanest water, the cleanest air...Oh by the way, did you hear we are opening a new coal mine soon? First one in years. Trump is going to try and attend the opening. Where was I? Oh yeah, Trump loves the environment.

Scientific American: Trump and the Tide of History

Politics? Just one thought. In my opinion, Wall Street has relearned to ignore the nonsense coming out of Washington. As I learned 50+ years ago, today's news is tomorrow's fish wrap or bird cage liner. (30)

Indeed. And it might be noted that Elon is whomping the POTUS tonight in regard to twitter "retweets" and "likes". Even the Disney CEO appears to be more electable than DJT in twitterdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.