Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2561.JPG
TT007: Slow down turbo. We bought this less than 3 days ago after 3 years of waiting on your behalf (believe it or not he is a very informed, judicious, and calculated buyer). This car will earn its keep for us in spades. HOWEVER handing this man ludicrous mode in the context of a "newly acquired Model X high" is dangerous and negligent. Like pulling out from Tesla stock before Model 3 hits mainstream....
The one thing we noticed while travelling was the new amount of Model S vehicles on the road. I think the stock will increase based upon supply and demand alone- and that even in Willy Wonka we learn what the "golden ticket" can do for sales.... everyone wants a Model 3, it's newer, it's affordable, it's COMING.... [someday]; however, the golden ticket is found in owning Tesla. Some consumers like us found X and S a lot more doable than we anticipated and bought accordingly.... the sales people in our vicinity have seen major spikes in these vehicle sales and pre-owned Tesla models.... once this theory emerges, the "average working Apple consumer" as I call them, those aged 24-40 who make 50-125K + who define themselves as innovative or "hip" will make the leap and won't be left behind.... bring on the loans for S and X. I can't prove this theory but I think small, subtle spikes will reflect it.
And point and case about the above ^
Here is that time we drove a Model S in Vegas in 2016 and now own an X same time 2017. Yes same TT007 different style no shades!
IMG_2561.JPG

View attachment 243026 TT007: Slow down turbo. We bought this less than 3 days ago after 3 years of waiting on your behalf (believe it or not he is a very informed, judicious, and calculated buyer). This car will earn its keep for us in spades. HOWEVER handing this man ludicrous mode in the context of a "newly acquired Model X high" is dangerous and negligent. Like pulling out from Tesla stock before Model 3 hits mainstream....
The one thing we noticed while travelling was the new amount of Model S vehicles on the road. I think the stock will increase based upon supply and demand alone- and that even in Willy Wonka we learn what the "golden ticket" can do for sales.... everyone wants a Model 3, it's newer, it's affordable, it's COMING.... [someday]; however, the golden ticket is found in owning Tesla. Some consumers like us found X and S a lot more doable than we anticipated and bought accordingly.... the sales people in our vicinity have seen major spikes in these vehicle sales and pre-owned Tesla models.... once this theory emerges, the "average working Apple consumer" as I call them, those aged 24-40 who make 50-125K + who define themselves as innovative or "hip" will make the leap and won't be left behind.... bring on the loans for S and X. I can't prove this theory but I think small, subtle spikes will reflect it.
Here is that time we drove a Model S in Vegas in 2016 and now own an X same time 2017. Yes same TT007 different style no shades! View attachment 243026
Totally agree. AB and I tried really hard to wait it out for a M3 but finally couldn't handle the wait time and bought MX
I believe same is true of many others in our cohort. Between the two of us we own 5 vehicles and I can easily foresee us buying at least 3 to 4 more Teslas over the next 18 months to 2 years
Betting against SP is futile

On the musings coming from the midst of apparently scared out of their wits Uber bro's, I think that Uber is a sitting duck to be obliterated by Tesla. Think about it - they have experienced and abused pool of drivers which hate Uber but can't do anything because there is no clearly superior alternatives. Imagine that Tesla comes with their Tesla Network, which perhaps starts with Level 3 autonomy, so requires driver's presence (with the reduced workload), but has articulated plan to transition in time to full autonomy. So Uber drivers have an option to jump ship, which would require buying Tesla Model 3 (or Y) cars, with an option of growing the business from the car driver for hire to owner of a car (or two, or three...) for hire. I think that the defection of Uber drivers to become Tesla driver and then mini-fleet owner-operators could be viral, and cataclysmic event for Uber.

Tesla will benefit two fold. First, there will be pent-up demand for Model 3 and Y. Second it will attract ready and experienced pool of people for Tesla Network, with the potential of explosive growth of the Network.

EDIT: Remember Elon saying that it is not Tesla against Uber, but people against Uber. I believe that above describes what he really meant.
Oh! Absolutely. Totally agree Uber stands zero chance against Tesla
Apple vs Blackberry/RIMM
Apple came and ate their lunch and dinner
Similarly Uber will be obliterated by Tesla in an exponential compressed time frame
FB vs SNAP/ TWTR
Biggest mistake Uber made was not coming public early enough
One word that caused many empires to fall : hubris
As it is now their fate is sealed

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Aside from the macro influence, it seems that TSLA is in consolidation (symmetrical triangle) mode after the upward trend that started in December of last year. The interesting part is that Semi event on 9/28 might come just at the right time for a breakout to above $400. Also interesting that the triangle support line coincides with $325 in the next day or two, which also happens to be point of the closing of M3 reveal gap. I think that if there will be neutral macro background in the next month or so we might very well see this breakout playing out. Macro is a big IF.

View attachment 242978

Thanks. Correction: Earnings gap.

Reactions: vgrinshpun
Oh! Absolutely. Totally agree Uber stands zero chance against Tesla
Apple vs Blackberry/RIMM
Apple came and ate their lunch and dinner
Similarly Uber will be obliterated by Tesla in an exponential compressed time frame
FB vs SNAP/ TWTR
Biggest mistake Uber made was not coming public early enough
One word that caused many empires to fall : hubris
As it is now their fate is sealed

Not going public is not always a disadvantage as long as you have access to enough funds .... not being subject to the irrationality of the market is good.

Make sure you give lots of people test-rides! All it takes is a ride or two, and people fall in love with the smooth, quiet, and peppy ride.
Yes, so far my 6 year old daughter is dying to have her own "space car." But in all seriousness, I totally agree. Having someone in a Tesla sells itself!! It has incited so many questions from people already and curiosity, especially where we live.

View attachment 243026 TT007: Slow down turbo. We bought this less than 3 days ago after 3 years of waiting on your behalf (believe it or not he is a very informed, judicious, and calculated buyer). This car will earn its keep for us in spades. HOWEVER handing this man ludicrous mode in the context of a "newly acquired Model X high" is dangerous and negligent. Like pulling out from Tesla stock before Model 3 hits mainstream....
Here is that time we drove a Model S in Vegas in 2016 and now own an X same time 2017. Yes same TT007 different style no shades! View attachment 243026

Whats clear is that TT out kicked his coverage big time. For those who are not America football fans, that means he is a lucky man.

Well I was right on this one, but it will be interesting to see where things move from here today. Strong NASDAQ up move so far.
Very interesting. Is there a somewhat muted buying response for TSLA or are the shorts suppressing buying interest with their morning dip action? I suspect the latter. If the NASDAQ stays hot today, that may limit TSLA's bounce too. Really interesting day to watch.

What a volatile day thus far..I guess shorts is doing everything in their power to keep the SP below 340 and so far they are succeeding.

Not that even all the combined buying power on TMC could move the SP significantly but there are many long traders and potential long holder buyers that are on the sidelines now waiting to see the '3' ramp. I know I am with my small TSLA designated trading money.

Edit: Also, trader money heading back into AMZN, AAPL, etc. after the last few days instead of TSLA.

• Informative
Reactions: FluxCap and TMSE
Not that even all the combined buying power on TMC could move the SP significantly but there are many long traders and potential long holder buyers that are on the sidelines now waiting to see the '3' ramp. I know I am with my small TSLA designated trading money.

Edit: Also, trader money heading back into AMZN, AAPL, etc. after the last few days instead of TSLA.
I think that the long holder buyers are far more important than long traders for higher and higher support to stock price. They don't mind waiting and missing on buy at lower SP for confirmation of good M3 ramp before jumping in.
What do you think is a good M3 ramp?

I have a feeling TSLA might drop further...today is an excellent bounce for the market with NASDAQ being up almost 1% and yet TSLA is in the red territory. If it cannot even go up on a day like today, I am certain that it will not go up when the broad market is down. Again, unless there's some updates on the ramp or any other positive news.

Status
Not open for further replies.