Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While bulls mostly contend Tesla will hold on to its early-mover advantage in the electric-car space and to the appeal of its design and its leadership, others point to increasing competition from rivals with bigger pockets as well as the company's inexperience in mass-market production.

I love this.. Competitors pockets could be infinitely deep and it wouldn't matter because they will have to invest billions only to cannibalize their own market share while shifting sales from high margin ICEv to negative margin EVs. While the Market will often look past Tesla's cash flow issues, they will not look past collapsing margins from traditional manufacturers as they transition. If the Credit goes away, it has almost zero impact on Tesla but will magnify these losses for the competitors. There are also other challenges for traditional autos as we have all discussed over and over, but the biggest to me is the dealers do not want to sell EVs. The traditional Autos will have to incentives them to sell EVs, which will further deteriorate their margin potential and further magnify the losses as they transition.

People who trade options here a lot.

Where do you do your trading? I tried using Fidelity but the fact that I can only get options prices on a 15 minute Friday is absolutely crippling.

Any suggestions for me? If you know of more than one good one please list all of them, I need to find one that my compliance department is okay with :)

Where do you do your trading? I tried using Fidelity but the fact that I can only get options prices on a 15 minute Friday is absolutely crippling.

Any suggestions for me? If you know of more than one good one please list all of them, I need to find one that my compliance department is okay with :)

Interactive brokers for me. Have to pay an extra $1 a month for the real time option feed or something small like that

I use E*Trade. Its Power E*Trade Pro platform gives real-time prices.

• Love
Reactions: Irishjugg

Looks like Itay has only recently started to cover TSLA so no way of evaluating his past record...

"we sensed a level of confidence that recently identified issues are on their way to being fixed and that the new timetable to reach 5k/week (end of Q1’18) allows for some cushion."

That's news. Good news.

"believes the equity would react well with a significantly larger cash cushion to buffer various unforeseen downside scenarios."

Seems like management is keeping their options open.

Status
Not open for further replies.