TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 Model S Driver's Seat Issue

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sparty, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Sparty

Sparty New Member

When slowing down, it feels as if something loose inside back of driver's seat falls forward and taps me in the back; kinda' like getting kicked in the back of an airplane seat. Told by service advisor that it is due to lumbar support and could be eliminated by not having lumbar support moved so far forward. But it is the same no matter where I position the lumbar support. Anybody else experience this?

2. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

I have my Lumbar all the way up and don't have that issue.

3. Sparty

Sparty New Member

Thanks Unpilot. I've tried positioning the lumbar everywhere, but doesn't seem to change the problem.

4. Unpilot

Unpilot Active Member

I think your service dude is wrong....should not be any "kick" from the seat back.

5. Sparty

Sparty New Member

Agreed! I'm in the process of getting them to take a closer look.