Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat stuck full back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is a new one on me. Today, the drivers seat decided to not come forward from the easy entry position. Changing driver profiles, MCU reset, full power off, all had no effect. The seat back reclines, the seat cushion adjusts fine. Nothing jammed under the seat, rails are clear. No grinding noises or anything else unusual. Passenger seat works fine.

Any ideas ? Hopefully can be resolved with a mobile service call before our road trip in a week.

I had Tesla support visit this morning to try and solve the seat malfunction problem. He tried to fix it by disconnecting the 12-volt lithium battery located under the hood. That is kind of a master cleanup of software but still did not help. He blamed the problem's on the last FSD software update 2023.7.30. That software also presents a problem with the rain sensing wipers by setting them off. The solution is to wait for the next software update and be sure to send a "bug report." This is a common problem so be patient.

Reactions: sdmack
I am also facing the same issue... I visited the service center 3 times in last 30 days every time they were fixing something and after a few days issue repeated.
The first visit they said that they replaced the motor but again same issue happened and the second time onwards they said that it was due to keeping the seating far backward position.

But I don't agree with that because if that is the culprit then it must be a design flaw and they should have a permanent fix for that.

Again scheduled for mobile service in the next couple of days. Let's see what they will say this time.

In a text exchange with a service advisor after the issue resolved after a sleep, the advisor suggested doing a driver seat recalibration, found under the service tab on the touchscreen. If the issue recurs, I’ll try that.

The latest software update did nothing to correct my seat problem but I followed the suggestion to perform a seat recalibration. After the recalibration we are now able to have all the seat memory settings work again. It is a shame that mobile service did not know enough to try the seat recalibration.