Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X w/ torn front/aft bushings and damaged ball-joints needing body work - help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am not a mechanical person at all, but I feel like Tesla has purposefully ignored an issue w/ the suspension and now the situation is bad. Would appreciate any light that can be shed on this issue.

For at least the last year, we have heard a scraping noise occasionally when we are turning at low speeds. I brought it into Tesla service center for the issue in JUne and was told they could not replicate it and thus did nothing.

Earlier this week, like many others, we heard a loud thunk noise when driving the car which seem to happen when we turn either going forward or backing up. We finally had the car towed to a service center, and they came back today saying that our front/aft bushings are torn, the ball joints are damaged and we need body work first before anything can be fixed. Has anyone had similar issues? Why would I need body work? Also, for bushings to be torn, shouldn’t they see signs of damage during our maintenance? I brought it in for maintenance in April, and also in June when I mentioned the scraping noise. Is the scraping noise a precursor to the front/aft bushings being torn?