Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X Fore and Aft link replacement - bushings are torn? Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had half shafts replaced and Im told te front lower fore and aft link bushings are torn? I see this is all over the internet - has anyone had it covered by a TSB and or warranty? I see class action law suits etc. Is this something I should ( I can do) have the service center complete or should I do this on my own? I have built quite a few cars so I am ok with removing and replacing the lower control arms etc? Any advice? Tesla wants $1500 to do the repair of forelink right and left and frt aft links as well? - Appreciate any feedback

Just had half shafts replaced and Im told te front lower fore and aft link bushings are torn? I see this is all over the internet - has anyone had it covered by a TSB and or warranty? I see class action law suits etc. Is this something I should ( I can do) have the service center complete or should I do this on my own? I have built quite a few cars so I am ok with removing and replacing the lower control arms etc? Any advice? Tesla wants $1500 to do the repair of forelink right and left and frt aft links as well? - Appreciate any feedback
Hello i have the same issue, telsa quoted $1500. Can you please let me know how did u take care of this issue. thanks

Nice! That's really great! I'm sure they are easy to install as well. Their lowering links, and camber arms are really great too. So far all of our customers are satisfied with it. I will be recommending this. Thank you very much for the tip!

Reactions: ImpetuousRacer
Neat product. Whoa, asking 4X or 5x the price of factory parts (or replacements from someone like Dinan) is aggressive. Tesla Front Control Arms Parts - Dinan

Would like to know what spherical bushing feel like on a Model X. My limited experience with these has been in literal race cars and would be entirely too harsh for street use, especially in a heavy SUV. I can sure see the advantage in reducing the slop in the front suspension, but at what cost in harshness?

This is not a hard repair with a good impact wrench and a torque wrench to get it all back together. This should not change alignment, but if the vehicle was aligned with sagging bushings before, then an alignment may be needed once the more supportive parts are installed. Local Tesla SC wants $275 for a four-wheel alignment (priced last week).

Porsche does spherical bushings in some of their specialized products. Mercedes does not. The life of Mercedes bushings and Tesla bushings are about the same ... just enough to get past warranty if driven conservatively.

Reactions: njhtran
Finally! I'm eager to try this. Order yours already?
I called UP and they informed me they have them in stock. I placed and order through a shop “The Driveway” which UP recommended for my location and that I’ve used before. The shop is waiting for me to come down to have installed. I’m waiting to get my car back from Tesla service to schedule the install. I’ll post an update once they’re in.

Reactions: EASpot
I called UP and they informed me they have them in stock. I placed and order through a shop “The Driveway” which UP recommended for my location and that I’ve used before. The shop is waiting for me to come down to have installed. I’m waiting to get my car back from Tesla service to schedule the install. I’ll post an update once they’re in.
Hey man, It looks good and know it functions well, Thanks again. We now have some on stock so we can help anyone from San Diego having the same issue. Can't wait to see it in your ride.

Oh you're in the bay? I go to the driveway as well for all my mods on my X. What were they charging you for installation?

where do u guys drive?... 😅
i have 97k mi n all bushings intact...

Tesla has crazy prices on most suspension components... not sure why..
If u really want to save, get a good used OEM ones from eBay n swap it urself or any other shop.

Did you ever get this installed?
Yes. I had them installed.

Pros:
Pretty much all of the pros they list on the site. No more creaking and squeaking, crisp response, etc.

Cons:
When you're on a smooth road, everything is great. On shotty roads, you do feel more of the road vibrations transferred to the steering wheel where the older rubber bushings absorbed a lot more. Day to day not really noticeable, but you do feel it in certain parts.