Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 MX 75D owner considering end of year upgrade - advice needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello and happy holidays everyone. I have a March 2017 Model X 75D with about 30k miles on it. Considering the possibility of taking advantage of an end of year deal on a new MX if I can find one. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what differences if any were most apparent. Here is what I've gleaned are the major updates since that time, correct me if I'm wrong and let me know if there are any I'm missing:

1. obviously range, 328 mi versus 237 mi max
2. Raven upgrades, new suspension, improved motor/handling
3. synthetic instead of real leather (not very happy with how the leather has held up in my car)
4. faster computer/nav possibly?
5. I've read seats are more heavily cushioned/more comfortable?
6. REALLY curious if overall build quality has improved... our 2017 has been far from trouble free (broken rear seat motor, yellowing screen, wheel arches separating from body, misaligned panels, etc)

Any advice appreciated, and again Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
John

We've got a Raven X purchased in June of this year. It's been rock-solid for us aside from a single issue with the HVAC, quickly resolved. Turned out to be a broken O-ring in the rear HVAC system.

Yes, you'd get the upgraded/faster MCU2 as well as HW3 for AP.

I can't compare the seats directly to a 2017, but we've taken the car on 2 long road trips and do find the ones in our vehicle to be very comfortable.

Good luck--I hope you find what you're looking for before the end of the year.