Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 TESLA MODEL X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1,280 miles , just financed it for 130k [loan on it]
will throw in AT HOME - GARAGE - FAST CHARGER free [sold separate]
Everything works fine 10/10
serious inquires only
my actual car pics are first three, teslas images of it are the second three
can meet/test drive with you if in co

115k$ - offers accepted

Model X 100D
All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
22" Onyx Black Wheels
Multi-Pattern Black
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Dark Ash Wood Décor
Front Console
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
High Amperage Charger
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Sound
Subzero Weather Package

Attachments

• TESLAA.jpg
    TESLAA.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 132
  • TESLAAA.jpg
    TESLAAA.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 114
  • TESLAAAA.jpg
    TESLAAAA.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 110
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 108
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 114
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 109
So if you sell your car the same year you bought it. You won't be able to claim the tax credit?

You can claim, but I believe if you get audited, you may be in for a surprise. The wording is kind of grey on the IRS website.

The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States. For purposes of the 30D credit, a vehicle is not considered acquired prior to the time when title to the vehicle passes to the taxpayer under state law.

You can claim, but I believe if you get audited, you may be in for a surprise. The wording is kind of grey on the IRS website.

The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States. For purposes of the 30D credit, a vehicle is not considered acquired prior to the time when title to the vehicle passes to the taxpayer under state law.

As long as he did not acquire it for the purpose of reselling, he is fine.

The second buyer is not entitled to the tax credit even it the credit hasn't been claimed. I'm not trying to bash seller and wish him luck selling but rather I'm stating the obvious problem with the pricing. The problem with reselling it now is the huge loss that would have to be taken or it would be far cheaper to purchase a new inventory car from Tesla and claim the $7500 tax credit, $1000 referral and then the additional $18,000 discount available on 100D's or up to $33,000 available on P100d model X's, minus any state credits on top.

Last edited:
IMHO this is priced high, i would expect this to be priced at $105k at the most

In CO one can order a brand new one for $110k with the federal and state tax credits

Model X 100D $96,000
All-Wheel Drive included
Solid Black Paint included
22" Onyx Black Wheels $5,500
Multi-Pattern Black included
Multi-Pattern Black Seats included
Dark Ash Wood Décor included
Front Console included
Black Headliner included
Six Seat Interior $6,000
High Amperage Charger included
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000
Full Self-Driving Capability $3,000
Premium Upgrades Package $6,000
Smart Air Suspension included
Premium Sound included in premium package
Subzero Weather Package included in premium package
TOTAL $121,500
Federal tax credit -$7,500
CO State tax credit -$5,000
TOTAL $110,200

IMHO this is priced high, i would expect this to be priced at $105k at the most

In CO one can order a brand new one for $110k with the federal and state tax credits

Model X 100D $96,000
All-Wheel Drive included
Solid Black Paint included
22" Onyx Black Wheels $5,500
Multi-Pattern Black included
Multi-Pattern Black Seats included
Dark Ash Wood Décor included
Front Console included
Black Headliner included
Six Seat Interior $6,000
High Amperage Charger included
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000
Full Self-Driving Capability $3,000
Premium Upgrades Package $6,000
Smart Air Suspension included
Premium Sound included in premium package
Subzero Weather Package included in premium package
TOTAL $121,500
Federal tax credit -$7,500
CO State tax credit -$5,000
TOTAL $110,200
The inventory cars are plentiful, much cheaper and still get the tax credits and eligible for 179 tax deductions

What's the reason you're selling so soon?
I always wonder about these situations myself. Buyer's remorse, noticing the large payments, illness, job loss?? There's an X for sale at a dealer in Fremont with less than 800 miles on it. What is that but an opportunity to buy a slightly used car with neither the tax credit nor CPO protection? (One thing that does seem to make some sense is when someone is replacing an S with an X.)

I always wonder about these situations myself. Buyer's remorse, noticing the large payments, illness, job loss??

I think most people just get caught up in the experience of buying a new car. And i also feel that a lot of Tesla buyers underestimate the car's depreciation because it is a "tesla."

It does feel like there are lot more remorseful buyers as compared to other brands though. A lot of telsa buyers are probably first time buyers of expensive cars and they probably underestimate the cost of owning one. Welcome to the world of expensive cars. Its an excellent way for the wealthy to burn money just because they can though.