Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 100D for 66k? Scam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

Looking to replace my Volvo XC90 T8 in the next few months. I'm obsessed with the Model X since we picked up a Model 3 for my wife back in May. They are so fantastic to drive.

I've been casually looking at Model X's for the past week or so trying to figure out what I want and what I can live without.

I've figured I want as long as range as possible.. 100 or Long Range preferred, but could do a 90 for a great deal. Black, white or Grey exterior, black interior only.. 7 seater preferred but would consider a 6 seater. Also needs to be HOV eligible in California.

I found this one on craigslist but the price seems a little too good to be true?

2018 Tesla Model X 100D

I've done a fair amount of reading up.. I know this isn't a Raven model but for that price I'm considering. Does this seem like a scam? Or is the market in the mid-west just cheaper than it is here in the Bay Area?

Thanks!

Also, do all the Model X's have Sirius XM now? I don't see it as a feature listed anymore. I know my wife's Model 3 does not so I have to use Bluetooth to listen to Howard, but I just enjoy the process of flipping through the stations use the Steering Wheel / Display instead of using my phone.

The price is consistent with some used private or third party dealer sales..I was going to buy one earlier this year from Massachusetts for just a little over that (but, less miles)... Ended up getting a new one from Tesla in July.

Yes, the Bay Area market isn't the best.. it's definitely a supply/demand/status thing up there... Even here in SoCal... I guess in the mid, where the market may not favor it (Tesla), it could go for less.

Also, be sure to look up the vehicle history before jumping into anything... Was it a trade in, auction sale, remanufactured/buyback, or even a salvage vehicle?

Reactions: 365gtb4
Just wanted to add a few observations about that website you linked...

The domain was created in March if this year.. red flag 1.

If you look up the address listed under contact us, you get a small dinky house with a bunch of cars sitting outside.. red flag 2? Unless they keep the Model X out on the lawn?

I'veseen dealerships that look like that.. And worse. Just remember that due diligence is necessary with any vehicle purchase. As I mentioned the one from Massachusetts (while I'm in SoCal), I paid to have someone (third party) go and inspect and test drive the X. If you need information on that, let me know.

Thanks.

I've seen a few curious ads linked to Craigs List.

2017 Tesla Model X 100D

The resale value on these are so high it may just make more sense to buy / order new!

Yes, unless you can see the car, take it for a test drive, beware.. sure, there are some good and even great deals on a used X... But, of you consider warranty, wear, tear, and the like, you're better off ordering a new one.

If you need a referral code, let me know (on the X, no real benefit, just get an entry into the roadster drawing for both of us).. I'm a former XC90 T8 owner myself - mine was bought back by Volvo because it was a lemon, and I replaced it with the X in July.

Any issues with your T8?

So many of the CPO 90d and better are all around $75k to $80k.

Brand new Long Range with the Raven enhancements can be had for $86k. I just can’t believe how well they hold their value.

The XC90 is nice. It’s a T8 R-Design. No real problems but I really dislike how slow the UI is, my wife hates the sport seats and I find the 4 cylinder pretty weak in such a big car. I do love the way it looks.

After driving my wife’s model 3 I’m just hooked and want the X!

Is the new suspension have adjustable ride height like the older models?