Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model 3 Performance w/20" wheels Tire Rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe, I am looking to get an extra wheel/tire to rotate to the back of my 2018 Model 3 Performance, seems that there might be different part #, front and rear. Has anyone else with an original Model 3 performance with performance brakes rotated wheel front to back?

Tesla has never made any Model 3 compatible wheels with unequal sizing. They do make a few different diameters, widths and offsets but they are only intended to be used as homogenous sets.

Possibly what's confusing you is that many used sport wheels are advertised as "performance", some performance wheels are advertised as "sport", and they all look the same. The part number you need should be approximately 1044227-00-D. There have been some undetectable revisions so don't worry too much about the last few digits being different - as long as it's 20" (not 19") and silver (not dark gray), then it's a perfect match for your set.

I am quit clear that 19" sport wheel and 20" performance wheel look similar, my concern is I thought I read somewhere that front wheels are slightly difference because of the larger front brakes. Something about the backing or the way the wheel fits on the hub is slightly honed or bored out differently.

No. The performance brake hubs have a tiny lip that could slightly annoy the fitment of some *generic aftermarket* wheels, that's all. It has nothing to do with Tesla wheels and F/R are the same anyway.

But I stand corrected on my square fitment statement. The mysterious 10" wheel people have noticed in the parts catalog was actually produced at some point. But unless you're rockin 275's in the rear you're clearly not the one person who actually owns a set of these unicorns.

01.jpg

Maybe, I am looking to get an extra wheel/tire to rotate to the back of my 2018 Model 3 Performance, seems that there might be different part #, front and rear. Has anyone else with an original Model 3 performance with performance brakes rotated wheel front to back?
I put my OEM 2018 20" rears on the front while my other sets of wheels were at the shop.

The rears fit my front (and vice versa) fine, but I do have aftermarket calipers/rotors.

Yes. Been doing it for 3 years. 2018 MP3. No issues. I have 2 sets of OEM 20’s. One with Summer PS4S and one with winter Alpin PA4s. Looooooove them both. Rotate every 6 months with tire swap. Enjoy!

Ski