Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model S P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the xpel and chrome delete?

xpel is a paint protection film that goes ontop of your car to protect it.
Think of it like a screen protector on your cell phone only meant for your entire car.
Chrome delete is just as it says, it gets rid of all the chrome on the car.

Something like this:
20180908_163243.jpg

Oh and i highly recommend getting your tesla emblems painted red...
20180908_163203.jpg

I get a lot of people commenting about the red tesla emblem.

Yikes! Make sure your seat covers are compatible with the seat mounted airbags!

I have these on..
Seat Covers for 2017+ Tesla Model S

I honestly love them, because i get that pocket in the back of the seat, which i really missed from my previous car.

Pictures above dont show, because that was when i got my car back from the installers for my full xpel.

Last edited:
It's not quite that simple.

We are witnessing a sea change in world views when it comes to consuming animals just like we are with ICE transportation. And many of the same arguments are used to support / oppose the use of both. (i.e. "the environment/ planet is / is not being impacted", or "We've done it this way for X years, everything is fine why do we have to change now", etc )

With more and more plant based options on the market, and more and more people choosing to be vegetarian and vegan, or those who consume animals choosing to consume less of them for health reasons alone. There is also those who won't consume them for ethical, environmental or other reasons - or some combination of some or all of the above.

Then there are those who could care less about any of the above - and simply want a better wearing, longer lasting less maintenance product on their seats, and choose vegan leather for that reason alone.

No matter the reason - This all has a fundamental impact on the business case for animal leather. As a function of the economies of scale, when an animal is killed, the cost per unit of it's flesh / meat & skin / leather is reduced as it is all being consumed in some way. If the skin has less or no demand, the cost of the flesh and skin has to climb in order for it to be viable - which means that it will become more expensive to eat for the end consumer who chooses to eat animals. This in turn results in less people consuming them - which causes the price to climb higher...and so on. Normally a higher selling price would cause new entrants to think about venturing in - but not when the business case looks bleak.

With companies like Beyond Meat (invested in by Bill Gates) creating very meaty tasting non animal flesh alternatives that are in high demand, I think we will see more and more Vegan leather in cars of all brands - for a multitude of reasons. As an aside, in Canada, A&W, a fast food chain launched their burger and sold out well beyond their expectations. As they say - The times - they are a changin'.

A&W sold out of its new plant-based burger all across Canada in a matter of weeks
Well said, bravo. And to echo on this, my Whole Foods locations can barely keep the Beyond Meat Italian sausage in stock, and it’s $9 for a pack of 4 links. The stuff’s like water following a natural disaster.

I’d like to see vegan alternatives become less niche so that it can really go mainstream.

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
xpel is a paint protection film that goes ontop of your car to protect it.
Think of it like a screen protector on your cell phone only meant for your entire car.
Chrome delete is just as it says, it gets rid of all the chrome on the car.

Something like this:
20180908_163243.jpg

Oh and i highly recommend getting your tesla emblems painted red...
20180908_163203.jpg

I get a lot of people commenting about the red tesla emblem.

Thanks for the information!

I have these on..
Seat Covers for 2017+ Tesla Model S

I honestly love them, because i get that pocket in the back of the seat, which i really missed from my previous car.

Pictures above dont show, because that was when i got my car back from the installers for my full xpel.

Animals are delicious and I have no issue using the hides, but the new seats are cooler, wear better, clean easier and look nice. I compare them to the hideously expensive S8 seats I had and even though the Audi seats were black and these are white/cream, after a year the Tesla held up way better. I slung a keg and a CO2 tank into the back seat this weekend without a thought about damage or dirt, something I would never do (again...eh eh eh) in the Audi. My wife's gray audi seats are similarly less nice after 2 years of use.

Reactions: P85_DA and jaguar36