Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Model x75d

Daily everyday charging to 80% or 90% ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a newbie but should I charge to 80% or 90% on a daily basis? I’m getting mixed info from the forums so I’m not sure.
I have a wall charger charging at 48amps( I was let down ...I installed a 90 amp breaker but you need the 100d to take advantage of it, but no big deal)

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
The difference in battery degradation between 80 or 90% isn't much in a Tesla. So if you need 90% use it, if you can plug in every night and only need <50miles of range you can lower it to 80 or even 70%. Just use it like you want and don't worry about it, only charging to 100% and leaving it at close to 0 Will make a significan difference.

• Informative
Reactions: Davetp
I take it to 90% whenever I plug in at home. 80%, 90% probably makes no difference to battery life and even though I regularly drive 200 miles on a trip I believe that 80% would do me fine. I just like the idea of 90% as it makes the anticipated range in my model S read around '218 miles'.

The difference in battery degradation between 80 or 90% isn't much in a Tesla. So if you need 90% use it, if you can plug in every night and only need <50miles of range you can lower it to 80 or even 70%. Just use it like you want and don't worry about it, only charging to 100% and leaving it at close to 0 Will make a significan difference.
Thanks for your reply

Reactions: PrGrPa