Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 S100D advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
I went and looked at this 2018 S100D today with my wife and we both liked it except the lack of sunroof. Weve been trying to find the right combination but its not easy to find one with a sunroof and color combo she likes. Delain the salesman knows I've been looking but hes not very knowledgeable when it comes to tesla . Any help or advice would be appreciated. Heres the link for the dealership that has it.

2018 Tesla Model S 100D Tacoma WA 31837286

Looking for feedback from current 100d owners or others that have knowledge about them. The battery wasnt charged enough so I dont know if there is any degradation but theres only 13k miles or so on it.

I went and looked at this 2018 S100D today with my wife and we both liked it except the lack of sunroof. Weve been trying to find the right combination but its not easy to find one with a sunroof and color combo she likes. Delain the salesman knows I've been looking but hes not very knowledgeable when it comes to tesla . Any help or advice would be appreciated. Heres the link for the dealership that has it.

2018 Tesla Model S 100D Tacoma WA 31837286

Looking for feedback from current 100d owners or others that have knowledge about them. The battery wasnt charged enough so I dont know if there is any degradation but theres only 13k miles or so on it.

Well...for just a few grand more, you can get a new MS 100D with the new suspension, longer range, basic autopilot and a small fed tax credit. No sunroof though.

As others have said above, I agree with them. Do not buy this car.

a) It has close to 14K miles. You never know how it was driven (0 to 60'ed'), etc. For a year old car, the mileage is a bit on the high side.
b) The asking price of ~$80K+ taxes is very high imo.
c) It mentions EAP & FSD. Its one of the two, since EAP is a subset of FSD. Check on this; or get the VIN & call Tesla to find out.
d) And while you are talking to them, ask for their service records as well.
e) Unsure if you are eligible for FUSC. This subject was discussed ad-nauseam, along with other topics, in TMC, Reddit, tesla forums, etc.

F) You can get the latest & greatest, new car smell, etc for about $9K+taxes. And get the $1875/- tax rebate.
G) If you are willing to live with White/Black, the price drops to $6K+taxes. And the rebate credit
H) You will get FUSC. (At least as of yesterday. With Tesla, anything can change @ any time. They live in Tesla time - mortals don't exist there.)
I) You get to drive it the way you want it. 0 to 60, regen braking, etc.
J) Any defects on the car, during delivery, Tesla *will* fix it for you. And it is warrantied.

G'luck on your purchase.