Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD, Long Range, Enhanced AP - For Sale 6k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the good news is I love my X. the bad news is I think maybe I should have been shooting for the long range? $10k is a lot of ubers... but 255 miles is only 10 miles short of my original 2013 Model S.. so maybe I just have to adjust to watching the battery bar more often now? On the Long Range 3.. you never even think about the battery the range is just amazing. I also think there is a bigger penalty for flooring it a lot on the X than the 3 (weight)...

I don't know if I could take the stress of people thinking I'm the mean one when someone offers an amount that's 25% below asking... those people (the low ballers) suck... but the people who disliked my 'cool story bro' (which, I thought was WAY less offensive than what I was thinking)... those people really suck. I mean like big, hairy, sweaty, bumpy suck. So much suck. lol.

For anyone still reading... put your car on eBay. It's really the most effective way to move these.

Well, the good news is I love my X. the bad news is I think maybe I should have been shooting for the long range? $10k is a lot of ubers... but 255 miles is only 10 miles short of my original 2013 Model S.. so maybe I just have to adjust to watching the battery bar more often now? On the Long Range 3.. you never even think about the battery the range is just amazing. I also think there is a bigger penalty for flooring it a lot on the X than the 3 (weight)...

I don't know if I could take the stress of people thinking I'm the mean one when someone offers an amount that's 25% below asking... those people (the low ballers) suck... but the people who disliked my 'cool story bro' (which, I thought was WAY less offensive than what I was thinking)... those people really suck. I mean like big, hairy, sweaty, bumpy suck. So much suck. lol.

For anyone still reading... put your car on eBay. It's really the most effective way to move these.
Speaking of things that suck, your math skills come to mind.
A 40k offer is 15.8% below asking, not 25%.

• Funny
Reactions: diggity
Well, the highest bidder doesn't seem to understand how PA titles Work.
https://www.dmv.pa.gov/VEHICLE-SERVICES/Title-Registration/Pages/Electronic-Lien-Title-Program.aspx

I stated I'd drive 2 hours out of my way (4 total) to meet him and give him the car, and then the title would be in his mail within 2 weeks, with tracking. I also send text photos with the payoff/etc. any paper work I can.

I don't have $50k laying around to pay off the car to get the title. PennDOT keeps the title electronically until it's paid. I emphasized that I have no desire to scam anyone or go to jail for 50k. He didn't seem interested. Awesome, more stress.

I said he could, at his expense, use a broker. He didn't seem keen on that.

So, I sent an offer to the second highest bidder.

I will keep everyone posted!

Buyer claims I put "clear" for title... which... yes, I did. That's the only option that made sense. Check the list.

Buyer also didn't ask ANY questions before bidding $50,000... who does that?!
Title.png

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz

Every Model 3 like yours is for sale for $45k, there are too many of them so if you want to sell it than you need to lower the price. Not because its not worth $45k but because there are too many for sale.

My neighbor wanted to off load his so listed it for $42 and sold it within a week.

Just look at Portland and Seattles Craigslist at the prices.

Every Model 3 like yours is for sale for $45k, there are too many of them so if you want to sell it than you need to lower the price. Not because its not worth $45k but because there are too many for sale.

My neighbor wanted to off load his so listed it for $42 and sold it within a week.

Just look at Portland and Seattles Craigslist at the prices.

Yep, if I can't move it, it just goes to CarBiz. But the $50k on eBay was promising until the buyer didn't understand PA titles.

I am from NY, the owner of the vehicle holds the physical title whether there is a loan or not so I could see someone being a little hesitant with electronic titles. The ONLY thing is with eBay they provided insurance against non delivery of a clan title so it really is risk from from the a buyers perspective.
I am only following this thread because I am personally looking for a dual motor a little closer to $40k. I would imagine if you didn't have EAP maybe you could have come a little closer to $40k and we could get a deal done.
Either way I am watching you new eBay ad a little closer.

I am from NY, the owner of the vehicle holds the physical title whether there is a loan or not so I could see someone being a little hesitant with electronic titles. The ONLY thing is with eBay they provided insurance against non delivery of a clan title so it really is risk from from the a buyers perspective.
I am only following this thread because I am personally looking for a dual motor a little closer to $40k. I would imagine if you didn't have EAP maybe you could have come a little closer to $40k and we could get a deal done.

I have only seen RWD under $40k

But check Portland and Seattles craigslist, Model 3 are very popular in the PNW.

Last edited:

It’s amazing how few people seem to be aware of PA titles. My bank isn’t even in this state! That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. Lol.

Yea, I’m not going to jail for 50k... I offered my name, address, copy of drivers license, bill of sale, to drive 4 hours to get it to him. GIVE HIM THE CAR. Same day. Meet me and my wife in person. Literally everything in my power to make it happen. Maybe he was trying to scam me? Knowing I’d have time to verify the funds before handing over the title scared him off? I said I’d update him every step of way from loan pay off to title in hand to transfer. Plenty of paper trail from auction, to texts, to photos of my registration.

Anyway...

I’ve moved funds around, and will have title in hand soon. This will make the sale easier if I sell private.

I didn’t bother to tell the buyer because at this point he’s just being an arsehole about it. I’d prefer he NOT have a Tesla :)