Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.15.104.1 -> 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I was on 2019.15.104 forever so I submitted a ticket last week... and they bumped me to 2019.15.105 o_O.

Seems like Tesla has a whole bunch of different firmware branches right now for slightly different hardware. HW2.5 vs HW3 isn't the whole story I don't think. The software dev in me is concerned that with all the constant model changes, they're going to fork themselves into total confusion in a few years.

Man, I was on 2019.15.104 forever so I submitted a ticket last week... and they bumped me to 2019.15.105 o_O.

Seems like Tesla has a whole bunch of different firmware branches right now for slightly different hardware. HW2.5 vs HW3 isn't the whole story I don't think. The software dev in me is concerned that with all the constant model changes, they're going to fork themselves into total confusion in a few years.
this is what happens with batch releases. the factory needs to catch up with the current version but if they're experiencing bugs and/or the minor release version isn't significant enough to roll out with, they may lag behind. mine is still on v15 and chat support said that the release hasn't hit my market yet.