TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2019.20.1 - Just got this in the UK...

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Mark_T, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

Anyone else with this version in the UK have any comments yet?

I can't test it myself yet as I'm out of the country until Wednesday morning, but I'll add comments once I'm back.

Model S100D 2018

2. 4EVar

4EVar Member

It's installing right now!

3. squarepeg77

squarepeg77 Member

Any release notes?
    I got this update this morning, but car is at home and I am not!

4. squarepeg77

squarepeg77 Member

Waded through two pages of gibberish on the Model S 2019.20 forum and found this:
    Software Update 2019.20.x

Enhancements to dog mode
    Anecdotal reports of smoother Autopilot and less phantom braking

5. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

That’s all I’ve seen reported as well.

I’ll be home late tonight, so will test tomorrow.

6. Chills

Chills Member

I got the update this afternoon and release notes are brief and as in the image I've attached.
    Mine is an AP1 car though, if that makes a difference.

2019.12.1 notes.jpg

7. Jgroenen

Jgroenen Johannes Groenen

Installed this version yesterday and I noticed that my dash cam is not working anymore? Anybody the same issue?

Can anybody tell me how I can report an issue like this to Tesla?

8. Fellsteruk

Fellsteruk Active Member

Mine is waiting to be installed. I’m waiting to see what people say before I install,..

9. 4EVar

4EVar Member

That's my experience.

10. Terry_B58

Terry_B58 Member

Have you tried a reboot?

This seems to 'reset' most glitches after an update.

11. squarepeg77

squarepeg77 Member

I dare say Tesla are getting more confident and timely in their releases.

2019.12 went wide, then 2019.16 now 2019.20 is updating wide too.

They are on a good 4 week release cycle. The build numbers look like year.week, so the public get them about 4-5 weeks after the build/branch is tagged

• Informative x 1
  12. Jgroenen

Jgroenen Johannes Groenen

Tried it and also deleted all files on the drive but it still shows the icon all white and not with the red recording dot.....

13. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Mine updated to this level yesterday and I have nothing interesting to report. Dashcam still works although I keep switching it off as it causes Spotify to skip like a dodgy CD!

• Helpful x 1
  14. RedBall

RedBall Member

Interestingly, none of the AP3 cars showing on TeslaFi have switched to this update. Mine (AP3) is still not offering the update.

Is this being pushed in chronological order for the cars, or are they holding off updating the latest cars until it seems all claer from the rest of the estate.. who knows...

15. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

There has never been any consistent logic applied to updates. So many variables involved to leave you guessing. I presume you have ticked the "advanced" software update option and are connected to wifi while parked up overnight?

16. RedBall

RedBall Member

Yes - been connected to wifi overnight for two nights. I have also noticed that in the last couple of hours an AP3 car on Teslafi has updated, but only to 2019.16.3.2, not 2019.20.

Its looking like AP3 cars are being held back from the update for now - but no idea why.

17. 4EVar

4EVar Member

I've done 300+ miles today on this new version. Nav on autopilot is working nicely on this release. Very smooth. And it takes exits confidently. It even did OK in the horrific rain tonight.

• Like x 1
  18. 4EVar

4EVar Member

AP3 is on a different release cycle as they're basically having to program it separately due to the new hardware. It's been reported that it does not have feature parity with AP2.5 yet.

• Informative x 1
  19. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Compatibility. That will have to be built, scheduling in DEV will be whatever makes sense - fewer cars on AP3 might be a high priority (small sample if it goes Pear Shaped) or a low priority (max users upgraded gets max publicity of Cool New Stuff)

Or it might be that the last release was buggy, in which case prioritise those unfortunates first

Either way: you will get the update when you get the update. There is no magic source, so no point expecting it .. .even when TeslaFi lists it as distributing widely you will see a rump of <10% a month later, no one knows why they didn;t get it, some will be "away" but not all of them.

I went through a period of getting updates at longer than six month intervals, no idea why, now I am getting them at fortnight intervals, no idea why. Nothing (e.g. WiFi / parking location) has changed as far as I am aware.

I have absolutely no wish to try to influence getting to the front of the queue, Tesla software QA is dreadful, so I'm happy with "whatever". The novelty will wear off ... although I thought that not getting the Christmas Easter <sic!> Egg until February wasn't much cop :rolleyes:

20. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

2019.20 is nothing exciting anyway. Still as bug ridden as ever. The latest glitch I've noticed is the front passenger seat heater switching itself off a few seconds after driving away then working fine if you switch it back on until the next time you re-start the car when it switches itself off again. Also 2019.20 seems prone to occasionally losing mobile signal permanently after dropping out, requiring an MCU reboot to finally get the signal back. Reminiscent of V8 days when this was quite common at one point.

Tesla software is a real love/hate deal, but would be awesome without all the random bugs. Every new release seems to fix some bugs, introduce new bugs and sometimes re-introduce previously fixed bugs. I can't help thinking it needs someone at the highest technical level to really get a grip on their poor software QC.