Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.1 - Just got this in the UK...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sensors can take time (miles) to config themselves ... and has been known (not often, but ...) for them to need a service visit to adjust them. Might be either of those in your case?

I've done nearly 600 miles now, I would of thought it would be working by now

There was a finishing issue that they are going to repair, when its in for that I will ask them to look at the issue

If you don't have AP it's the software switch to enable it that's misconfigured (they can toggle that over -the-air, but sometimes their database is nor in sync with purchase orders). That, or it got stuck while calibrating before it was enabled. Either way, that's something for your SeC.

Agreed. Sounds like a service visit to adjust them then :(

Are you able to check that the car actually has AP enabled? maybe "they forgot" in which case they could enable that remotely

APPs like TeslaFi can get the "Vehicle Option Codes" - mine says "TeslaFi has found your vehicle to have Autopilot"

I purchased my car when AP was a £ option and I didn't take when I placed order, but before delivery I paid for it so I guess It still needs to be enabled. I have tried to contact them and the local salesguy says there is a "known" issue. But it does very much sound like it should be a simple over the air enablement.
The funny thing is my car has the code for AP (APBS) and the FSD (APFB) code says "FSD at add cost" so I should at least have autosteer.
About a week after I paid for the car they announced that AP will be standard on all cars. I guess I was in a limo between spec's and options.
I actually really wanted the EAP but they moved all the cool features over to FSD and wanted £2900 for AP and £4800 for FSD, I didnt want to pay close to £8k but changed my mind before delivery.

Thanks for the advise ! I will book in a SoC visit

This update can cause problems with the Pin 2 Drive function :( Happened to us; now hopefully fixed after a car-off reboot.

I read somewhere that it's good practice to do a reboot after an update anyway? I would have thought this would be part of the update process.

I read somewhere that it's good practice to do a reboot after an update anyway? I would have thought this would be part of the update process.

Allegedly it is part of Update Install ... but plenty of instances where subsequent Reboot "fixed something" (in particular an obvious parameter-conflict with the update)

Whether it is conceivable that a SECOND reboot, a bit later, could possibly be doing something that a reboot after Update Install [assuming there IS one] failed to reset I am struggling to contemplate any such thing (my dayjob is Software Bod) ... but ... anecdotal evidence suggests that it helps. So I always reboot after I see the "Update installed - Update Notes" splash screen. If nothing else periodic reboots are prophylactic.

Reactions: vitesse
So I always reboot after I see the "Update installed - Update Notes" splash screen.

So do I, on the basis that it can't do any harm.. One thing that has been raising it's head on the FB group is a sudden reduction in range being reported by older 85's/90's. A 10% drop seems to be the norm. @WannabeOwner have you noticed anything? (assuming you are reasonably up to date software wise)

sudden reduction in range

I read about that ( https://electrek.co/2019/06/20/tesla-battery-range-drop-software-update-longevity/ )

I'm on 2019.20.2.1 5659e07 (TeslaFi says no newer version showing for AP1, even for latest it is 61% of the fleet,)

I don't notice what the dashboard is predicting, but nothing to see (as yet) in TeslaFi Battery Report

TeslaFi01.jpg

Those affected certainly did,

Just to clarify: I don't look at range the dash, only %age, so wouldn't actually notice, per se.

I would notice if I planned a trip on ABRP and when i got into the car then the SatNav / Prediction Graph said "No way" ... or a fall in TeslaFi Battery Graph (which I presume would happen if I start making journeys using more-% for same-distance)

Is it possible they've just tweaked the "predicted range" algorithm? in which case I won't notice ... I've been adjusting my mental-max-range as car has lost 6-ish% range (over 3 years now, and 80K-ish miles)

Or has the bottom-end zero-point moved up, to provide more bottom-end-buffer perhaps? so actual top-to-bottom is a smaller kWh range?

What I read was that the only cars that were impacted had unhealthy batteries (for whatever reason). presumably something in the update that is capable of (newly) discovering batteries that have those faults, or developing-faults, and locking out the faulty part of the battery.

a drop that resembled the £ v $ (and everything else) immediately after the Brexit vote

Install the Boris fix?!!

What I read was that the only cars that were impacted had unhealthy batteries (for whatever reason). presumably something in the update that is capable of (newly) discovering batteries that have those faults, or developing-faults, and locking out the faulty part of the battery.

That could well be the case, very difficult to see the wood for the trees sometimes with the nature of these fora..

Install the Boris fix?!!

I think I'll steer clear of commenting on this!

Allegedly it is part of Update Install ... but plenty of instances where subsequent Reboot "fixed something" (in particular an obvious parameter-conflict with the update)

Whether it is conceivable that a SECOND reboot, a bit later, could possibly be doing something that a reboot after Update Install [assuming there IS one] failed to reset I am struggling to contemplate any such thing (my dayjob is Software Bod) ... but ... anecdotal evidence suggests that it helps. So I always reboot after I see the "Update installed - Update Notes" splash screen. If nothing else periodic reboots are prophylactic.

P2D did sort of work again after rebooting but I had lots of pixellated text. Reboots did not fix this but resetting the trips did. A bit odd as the trips only had 2K worth of miles logged. This ado made the browser more responsive. I also understand deleting old nav destinations can be helpful in recovering precious memory.