Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as part of FSD purchase, we should receive the MCU2 upgrade one of these days in the near future and some of the missing functions on MCU1 will work then?

There are multiple computers in the car. MCU is just the most user-facing one. AP uses its own computer. FSD gives you the new FSD computer (HW3) but I haven't heard anything about replacing MCU1's for FSD. So even with FSD some games (executing on the MCU) won't work. However, TeslaCam and Sentry should, I hope, work for MCU1/AP2.0 cars when upgraded to the FSD computer. Those functions seem to execute at least mostly on the AP computer.

Tesla recently announced that it has identified the cause of a Model S fire that was reported in Shanghai last Apri. The incident, which attracted a notable amount of attention from international media, was due to a single battery module near the front of the vehicle, according to the carmaker. The company has also noted that it had rolled out an over-the-air update to help prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. (from an article by Simon Alvarez in Teslarati) Is there a way to tell if this update contained the new thermal settings for our batteries or was this done earlier? Thanks for any info. I'm not worried, just curious.

Tesla recently announced that it has identified the cause of a Model S fire that was reported in Shanghai last Apri. The incident, which attracted a notable amount of attention from international media, was due to a single battery module near the front of the vehicle, according to the carmaker. The company has also noted that it had rolled out an over-the-air update to help prevent similar incidents from happening in the future. (from an article by Simon Alvarez in Teslarati) Is there a way to tell if this update contained the new thermal settings for our batteries or was this done earlier? Thanks for any info. I'm not worried, just curious.
Version 2019.16.2 restricted battery capacity for some older configurations by as much as 10%. More recent versions, including 2019.20.4.2, haven’t restored original capacity yet. Thread