Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.2 preview

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Charging menu, Tesla provides various tips when Supercharging such as not taking up adjacent stalls since some Superchargers share power between neighboring stalls.
Just going to further confuse people since the paired stalls aren't necessarily next to each other. I'm amazed after having a Tesla for six years that people still don't understand how the V2 (and V3) Superchargers work. I'll be so happy when the V2 ones go away completely and we no longer have to worry about stuff like this.

"Kiddo, back in my day we had to pick charger stalls carefully..."

Reactions: cptnslo
I'm amazed after having a Tesla for six years that people still don't understand how the V2 (and V3) Superchargers work.
Why would most people know that, especially after these cars went mainstream? I only knew because of reading places like this forum and a website where someone did a deep-dive into how they work.

The average non-enthusiast, just-want-a-car person probably just pulls up and plugs in. Any "don't park next to someone else" was probably more due to instinctual avoidance, just like the unwritten code of not using adjacent urinals if you can avoid it.

Reactions: Svedman