Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.4.4 updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed a change starting with this update on my available range. Ever since my range had been 5 - 8 miles lower than the previous week and never recovered

I did a battery capacity test, 100 to as low as I felt safe with no HVAC and constant speed to avoid false readings. I found I have 70 kWh available out of the 75 kWh. Seems like since this update the BMS was forced to rebalance to a lower available energy band, limiting the lower end of use.

Wonder if anyone else noticed this as well with data from Teslafi or other source?

• Informative
Reactions: paaltio
Noticed a change starting with this update on my available range. Ever since my range had been 5 - 8 miles lower than the previous week and never recovered

I did a battery capacity test, 100 to as low as I felt safe with no HVAC and constant speed to avoid false readings. I found I have 70 kWh available out of the 75 kWh. Seems like since this update the BMS was forced to rebalance to a lower available energy band, limiting the lower end of use.

Wonder if anyone else noticed this as well with data from Teslafi or other source?

What car do you have ? How many miles did you get from 100% down to x%.? What’s was your what hours?
How many miles Are on your odometer ?

Also, Why did you run this “test” ? Long road trip coming up ?

I think Bjorn has a video of this on youtube.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolSilver
What car do you have ? How many miles did you get from 100% down to x%.? What’s was your what hours?
How many miles Are on your odometer ?

Also, Why did you run this “test” ? Long road trip coming up ?

I have 32k Miles after a year now. I had tested mine after Bjorn tested MC Hammer this past weekend. I hadn't before but I wanted to help confirm or disprove the difference.